Government assistance internet

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So I guess I have heard within the last few years abut the internet being a Human right. My personal view is it's not a right, but at the same time I think it should be made available in most places. What got me to create this thread is in our local paper there is an ad that says if you don't make enough money they will kick in and pay and lower your internet bill. This got me thinking about assistance programs, I am sure that in my lifetime I may see this come to pass where the Government foots the bill and starts to pay for people's internet. Or maybe it would be the stepping stone of a "Free" Government internet that would be available to all. But we all know how they would control it. Just like China's Great Wall firewall. What are your feeling on internet being a Human right?

It's a service and I think having it in your home is a privilege you pay for and should be that way.  Can't afford it - go park outside a coffee shop/restaurant or such that has WiFi - or go to the local public library.  Plenty of options to get thigns like this if you can't afford it.  Much like folks that can't afford or choose to cut cable might go to a sports bar to catch a sporting event that's not on a streaming service.

I have federal student aid for school, so I use that to pay for part of my internet. Before that I was having some emotional problems and my mom was paying for my internet. I would probably not be using the internet at all. I think you gotta earn it man

Back