Ice ice baby

So ya the mountains around me and the valley next to us got snow yesterday and today. Welcome back.

Well boys let's bump this up again, we have been doing this thread since 2009. We got our first light coat last might. Maybe a 1/2" maybe. It's light and fluffy. Real foggy today though. But I know most of the other towns have been getting dumped on lately around us.

So glad we don't have a drop of snow around here.

uasFHJu

So glad we don't have a drop of snow around here.
uasFHJu
But when you do, it will be the most glorious thing because then you can go sledding. Or whatever else you come up with lol.

Getting a good sized storm the next couple days. We are in the 7-10" snow range. Even more for the southeast part of the state.

Getting a good sized storm the next couple days. We are in the 7-10" snow range. Even more for the southeast part of the state.
Stay warm my friend.We are bone, bone dry here with nothing in the forecast.

Hows the weather over yonder? We got a light skiff yesterday, but the sun melted most of it off, still at least we have a little white on the ground here now. A quarter of an inch maybe.

Got it all cleaned up. The blades were out this morning. We finished with 7".

We got our first real snow yesterday here, I would say about 2 inches, but it's the most we have gotten all year. I know the ski resorts were waiting for it. Today we have some cold temps, sitting at 10 degrees.

We got our first real snow yesterday here, I would say about 2 inches, but it's the most we have gotten all year. I know the ski resorts were waiting for it. Today we have some cold temps, sitting at 10 degrees.
Weird roller coaster of temps lately. Nasty today but then 40 by Friday.

Weird roller coaster of temps lately. Nasty today but then 40 by Friday.
Ya same here, were showing 40 also by the end of the week, should be a nice wet mess.

I feel bad for most of you. Those temps are insane most of you are experiencing. This has been the easiest winter over here I have ever experienced in my life, sunny days, no snow on the ground. We has some frost in the mornings, but by afternoon it's warm. It feels like Spring over here. I have yet this year to wear a winter jacket. Just a thin hooded sweatshirt all winter over here.

Yup, it's a good thing we have fancy furnaces, car heaters and live in houses. This would be rough 100 years ago. Now it's just another day.

I was reading stories online this morning before work and these people in Chicago area where their furnaces aren't prepared for that type of cold. These big apartments with everyone cranking up their heat can't keep up with the demand. It's almost a apocalyptic scenario. Where are all the global warming advocates right now?

I was reading stories online this morning before work and these people in Chicago area where their furnaces aren't prepared for that type of cold. These big apartments with everyone cranking up their heat can't keep up with the demand. It's almost a apocalyptic scenario. Where are all the global warming advocates right now?
It's climate change now. Covers all bases, if it gets hot or cold. :LOL:

Haven't you people seen The Day After Tomorrow. Global warming will lead to a new ice age.... :unsure:

Well we finally got some snow on the ground here. In about 2 hours yesterday we got about 4 inches. But it's suppose to be around 30 all week so should melt off.

Been snowing here the last couple of days pretty good. Strange Winter this year.

Still coming down, got high centered on snow in my little car this morning. It was a good experience to rock it out.

Had -14 this morning.

Back