Oil bust inevitable

I heard that the historical average of crude is in the $40's (today's dollars). It's where she likes to hover, historically speaking. There are highs and lows and the last boom skewed memories.

Everybody fill up their tanks? Gas prices set to rise in the next few days due to the hurricane mess.

Everybody fill up their tanks? Gas prices set to rise in the next few days due to the hurricane mess.
Excuses, Excuses. I never get it, I thought it all flows off crude, and that is tanking.

Excuses, Excuses. I never get it, I thought it all flows off crude, and that is tanking.
Well no. There is a good supply of oil yet since we've been pumping like crazy. Gasoline supply is different.

I'm hearing we could see a 15-25 cent per gallon increase over the next few weeks for our location. And if the storm moves more to the East than originally thought, even worse. The bigger refineries are in that spot and haven't been affected yet.

Justin E works down there in Okla at that one plant. Feller could send him an email to get more of the skinny?

Justin E works down there in Okla at that one plant. Feller could send him an email to get more of the skinny?
Would be fascinating to get his take. One would imagine that since we can't export anything either at the moment, there should be some inventories on hand.

Bout like the Grandforks flood of 97 down there in Houston. 

Noticed gas jump 20 cents here. Not sure I can recall such a large jump that quick. Usually it's a 5 to 10 cent change.

Noticed gas jump 20 cents here. Not sure I can recall such a large jump that quick. Usually it's a 5 to 10 cent change.
Haven't checked here lately, I'll report back when I notice.

Back