The current vehicle shortage situation

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What strange times we live in where your old used vehicle is worth more money than a new vehicle off the lot. If you can find a new vehicle on a lot. It just keeps getting tougher and tougher to find a new vehicles out there. I think it's on purpose myself. They can blame chip shortages, and material shortages, but I think the ultimate goal is to push people to battery powered vehicles. Now I am all for that but the way they are approaching it seems wrong. I believe they are creating a vehicle shortage to push people that way. You can't buy a gasoline of diesel powered vehicle if there are none to buy. That is why oil will keep rising as well. Plus it is what most oil companies are or already have invested into power companies. They will double dip or come out on top either way.

You can't find any electric vehicles to buy either though lol.

Man, I have been looking again lately, might as well give up. What a crazy market out there.

I have been looking steady the last two weeks now, and it's not even about a shortage, but about just the rising MSRP cost of all vehicles in general. Any 2022 new vehicle, no matter what trim seems to have increased anywhere from 4k-6k.

This whole vehicle shopping is exhausting. No one has anything you want, and you must keep in communication with the dealer, instead of them wanting your business. It's a total role reversal.

'nodle]This whole vehicle shopping is exhausting. No one has anything you want said:
Fast Eddy's time is here. 

shady-salesman-picture-id136485641

Why are you looking, once agan, for a new vehicle? WHat happened to buying a vehicle and driving it for 20+ years?

[QUOTE='C Pav]Why are you looking, once agan, for a new vehicle? WHat happened to buying a vehicle and driving it for 20+ years?
[/QUOTE]I think our new one is slowly burning oil, according to Sabura it's normal, I say otherwise. I have a 22-year-old Honda that doesn't burn a drop. 

Sound like Ford and other vehicle manufacturers are now blaming the truckers at the Canadian border and are saying they can't produce any vehicles.

If only there were something Canada could do to instantly make the truckers go home.....

I talked to my niece yesterday and we were talking, and she brought up how she has been searching for a new vehicle since last fall. She said she even put a deposit down on a new truck and it's been almost 6 months now and she called them last week and they told her they still don't know when and expect it to be another 6 months, so she said "well give me my money" back then. She also told me that she went to look at a Chevy Tahoe and they didn't have any in stock but had a used one in stock, but she said they were asking more for the used one than they would sell the new one for. She told them that doesn't make any sense and they said that is just the way it is now.

E049FAA6-FA5F-4D43-97BF-91968EC70AFC.jpeg

I saw a graphic late last week that showed used car prices have leveled off as of late. Hopefully it goes in the other direction soon.

Our used car lot outsells our new car lot, they have a larger selection now that the new car lot.

Electric is fine and dandy but you know they will just raise electric prices. There will be a shortage as the grids won't be able to keep up. Can see this happening already. Same problems just different source.

I noticed our local dealership is starting to get vehicles in stock now and not selling them as fast anymore. I think the new interest rates have something to do with this.

This is why used cars prices have skyrocketed. No one can afford a new vehicle anymore. It wasn’t that long ago that a top of the line truck or car maxed out at 35k. I remember when a new car payment was about $300-$400 a month.

image.png

Back