Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

Replacing windows

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Well today we are getting all new windows put in our house. We are having every one replaced. 10 windows in total. When we moved in half were junk, wouldn't open, screens broke etc. We got the highest energy rating we could in them. They also have a lifetime warranty on the glass breaking even if it's your fault. Was dam expensive though. But hopefully will save in heat this winter and stay cooler during the summer.

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Members
Take your shotgun to each window weekly and see if they honor that warranty...

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Take your shotgun to each window weekly and see if they honor that warranty...
The only thing it doesn't honor is like a hail storm or another nature act (your home owners insurance would kick in for this type). Other than that baseballs, lawnmowers throwing rocks etc are covered. They are still working on them when I went home for lunch, but the noise difference in the house alone is amazing. I never new windows could muffle the noise so well. I guess it makes sense though.

C Pav

Members
Yeah I think ours are pretty good quality windows, Anderson windows, and they are pretty thick and sound muffling.

C Pav

Members
I think those 24k gold plated toilets are pretty special.
-_-  Just because you run this place doesn't mean you can derail a thread and abuse your trump power.

Last edited by a moderator:

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Windows are nice, the whole is so much more quieter and warmer. It was about 20 degrees colder last night that the night before and you can feel the difference when you touch the windows. One had a garf in it, that they are going to replace. The noise if way more muffled also. They have some neat little tabs you can press open in case you leave and want to leave your windows open and no one can open them any farther, basically locks them into place. Doesn't let someone pry open the windows to come in. The one hand operation is nice to I am just happy to have windows that slide easy and screens that work.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Just wanted to say I really am starting to enjoy our new windows with the warmer temps, they slide so easy with one finger, and all new screens.