Post your recent purchases

Bought some more memory for my imac.

imac? as in this POS, the SHEETIEST POS THING EVER:

0mZHoYv.jpg

You said imac. Time for you to come back to real life earth bro. It does everything you need...yeah sure, sure it does man. Everything until you finally snap out of it and realize it is not an awesome PC that you can put in quad graphics cards, water cool or do so many awesome PC only things...You taught me my hate for Macs now get back to it.

They work (almost) great - if you just want to browse the web and read your emails

So far I can do everything that I can do with a PC. I would say the only thing is gaming. But it does do simple games just fine. Since I have been playing HeartStone a lot it pays it flawless. I haven't tried WoW yet but probably won't. I love it though. Won't go back to a PC in the future. Still amazes me for hire old it is how well it works. I know it's hard to understand. You got to remember I was the biggest anti Apple guy around. But it is really what a computer should be. Try one some time you just may switch like me. 

So far I can do everything that I can do with a PC. I would say the only thing is gaming. But it does do simple games just fine. Since I have been playing HeartStone a lot it pays it flawless. I haven't tried WoW yet but probably won't. I love it though. Won't go back to a PC in the future. Still amazes me for hire old it is how well it works. I know it's hard to understand. You got to remember I was the biggest anti Apple guy around. But it is really what a computer should be. Try one some time you just may switch like me. 
No new component smell? No thrill of new parts?https://i.imgur.com/WHpQhpg.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I did try one... it was a fun experiment for a while.  But like any other garbage, it started to stink before too long

I did try one... it was a fun experiment for a while.  But like any other garbage, it started to stink before too long
Har Har Har.

Har Har Har.
You know I had one - I used it a lot when I first got it, but I could never make myself like the OS or take the time to figure out how to deal with anything more advanced than just running programs.  Then I put Windows on it - good hardware and it ran Windows just fine with bootcamp.  But hten some HD dedicated to one OS, some to another.  Eventually I barely ever took it out or turned it on.  After collecting dust I managed to get an old copy of iTunes on it and strip DRM from some movies - then it collected dust again.  Finally I just sold it so I didn't have a dusty paper weight laying around.

A new wheel for my wheelbarrow, and a new weed sprayer, my old one finally crapped out.

Order some gold pans and accessories.

Recent things I can think of:

Bowers & Wilkins 683 floor speakers (posted elsewhere already, just not as a recent purchase)

LASIK - not really a purchase, but best thing ever

Big Green Egg (XL), a stand and side tables for it - plan to pick up plate setter (insert for indirect cooking needed for smoking meats, cooking pizza, etc), ash tool, charcoal and maybe a few other accessories later today or tomorrow

Quantum Break, Unraveled (Xbox One)

Mocking Jay part 2, Everest, The Martian, The Intern, Cloverfield, Bridge of Spies, Star Wars: The Force Awakens (digital movies)

Surface Dock, Startech display port hub, three display port to DVI cables (accessories for Surface Pro 4 I'll have at work soon)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought a bunch of Eneloop rechargeable batteries today since Amazon has a gold deal going on. If you have never used them before they are really amazing rechargeable batteries. Also picked up some cheap Bluetooth head phones for yard work.

Bought a bunch of Eneloop rechargeable batteries today since Amazon has a gold deal going on. If you have never used them before they are really amazing rechargeable batteries. Also picked up some cheap Bluetooth head phones for yard work.
Saw they had this deal going earlier.  Have picked up a few similar sets at Costco, most recently one about a month ago.  Have 3 of the charges a number of AA and some AAA around home.  Each kit has come with some of their adapters to use their AA as either C or D batteries too.  It's a good deal, but I'll more so be watching for deals on just some bulk AA's.

I also bought some C adapters also, they each came with 2 more AA. I also have a charger from eneloop Casio. I wonder if they are cross compatible?

I also bought some C adapters also, they each came with 2 more AA. I also have a charger from eneloop Casio. I wonder if they are cross compatible?
What is eneloop Casio?    Eneloop was a Sanyo product, and they were bought by Panasonic so newer eneloops (the past 2 generations maybe) are Panasonic branded.  I have a couple Sanyo charges and they work fine with all the eneloops we have.  Also have some off brand rechargeable AA that came with some Harmony remotes and the charger seems to work fine for charging those as well.

What is eneloop Casio?    Eneloop was a Sanyo product, and they were bought by Panasonic so newer eneloops (the past 2 generations maybe) are Panasonic branded.  I have a couple Sanyo charges and they work fine with all the eneloops we have.  Also have some off brand rechargeable AA that came with some Harmony remotes and the charger seems to work fine for charging those as well.
Ya I am sorry I was mistaken, it's a Sanyo one. Thanks for the info about the charger being able to charge the others.

I purchased myself a watch repair kit. For changing out bands etc. It works really well and have already removed some links. Gonna try some battery replacements in some old watches of mine next.

Ordered some new 120mm fans. Also ordered two new head lights for my truck. Old ones are foggy.

Back