Refillable k cups

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
So since we have been over here my Dad has one of those refillable k cups. You know the ones you fill with your own coffee but adapt into. Anyways. The other night in the grocery store we went to grab some k cups and I saw some on the top shelf and it was fairly cheap so I thought why not? Then we picked up some whole bean coffee with is from a local area here and borrowed my Dad's grinder since he doesn't really use it anymore. It has been fun grinding the beans and it opens up a whole new world of coffee instead of just the same old k cups. This is the one I picked up.

http://www.ekobrew.com/

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
That is kinda cool being 24k gold. Mine was on a whim purchase. But It does what it needs to. My Dad has of of the originals where you have to take out the adapter and before adding the reusable cup. Mine just goes in stock.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
Not sure if we have a refillable K-cup around or not.  Mostly just have Caribou K-cups around and some apple cider ones.  I don't really drink a lot of coffee at home, so it is more the gal.

On the off chance we need a pot of coffee though, we have a Cuisinart coffee maker that has a hopper on top for whole beans, grinds them with a burr grinder and fills the gold plated re-usable filter.  So, I just know the benefits that were claimed of burr grinders and gold plated filters from way back when researching coffee pots.  It's nice though, just dumping out the grounds and only having to fill the thing with water (and occasionally refilling the beans in the hopper).  No messing with paper filters, scooping ground coffee, or manually grinding beans before making a pot.  Found it

Last edited by a moderator:

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Ya there is defiantly trade offs to the k cups. Easy and no mess. But you are limited by the brands of coffee, and some of the freshness of the ground beans.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Picked up a small coffee grinder the other night. I felt bad for taking my Dads. It does the job though and is actually nice for what I paid for it.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
So my K-cup refillable and fresh coffee has kinda ruined my Keurig now. It would be hard to go back to a K-cup now.

WayneKerr

Mad scientist
Members
So my K-cup refillable and fresh coffee has kinda ruined my Keurig now. It would be hard to go back to a K-cup now.
Literally?  Like it clogged?  

It stands to reason though, that the fresher the coffee, the better the experience.