Zika virus

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Zika virus is likely to spread across nearly all of the Americas, the World Health Organization has warned.

The infection, which causes symptoms including mild fever, conjunctivitis and headache, has already been found in 21 countries in the Caribbean, North and South America.

It has been linked to thousands of babies being born with underdeveloped brains and some countries have advised women not to get pregnant.

No treatment or vaccine is available.

The virus is native to Africa and was first found to be spreading in the Americas in Brazil in May 2015.

The lack of any natural immunity in the Americas is thought to be helping the infection to spread rapidly.

Source

Last edited by a moderator:
seems to be getting bigger (fear spreading I guess)

mother's same response to everything: it's nothing

I heard it was in Minnesota.  They aren't worried because mosquitoes aren't in season now.  *shrug* 

Wait a few months.  

I've heard other reports that only a certain species can carry it.  No distinction what species it is though.  So automatically, I think its bull shit.

Declaring that the Zika virus is "spreading explosively," chief of the World Health Organization announced that it will hold an emergency meeting of independent experts on Monday to decide if the virus outbreak should be declared an international health emergency.
Source

Zika Virus: 1st Known Case of Virus Transmitted Sexually Confirmed in Texas, US Health Officials Say

According to the Dallas County Health and Human Services, it is the first known case of transmission in the U.S. The WHO declared the outbreak an international public health emergency.

Crap.

Missoula County, Montana: Woman in Area Diagnosed With Zika Virus, Officials Say

Health officials said the woman, who is not pregnant, contracted the virus during a trip to a Zika-affected area. This is the state's first case of the Zika virus, local outlets reported.

Welp, time to catch me some Zika soon.  Nah, will be staying in the higher altitude areas where it's raining most of the time.  I might get squirrely and want to venture down to the coastline or jungle, but who knows.

Welp, time to catch me some Zika soon.  Nah, will be staying in the higher altitude areas where it's raining most of the time.  I might get squirrely and want to venture down to the coastline or jungle, but who knows.
You only live once. Zika it up!

Back