I thought I would post a thread of recommended World of Warcraft addons and what they do, since a few of you are starting to get back into the game. Feel free to add your own if you have recommendations. I use Curse so these links will most likely be tied to it.
Recommended World of Warcraft Addons
Recommended World of Warcraft Addons
- Badboy Spam Blocker & Reporter - Tired of all that trade spam? Gold for sale etc.? Well this add-on basically filters it and cleans it so you never even see it.
- Recount - Keep track to see if your the top DPS, healer, etc. See what others are doing.
- Pawn - Want to see what your best gear to equip is? This one will tell you with a nice green upgrade arrow on the item itself. You do have to configure first. Just go into the addon and selected recommend. You can do custom if you know what your doing.
- GTFO - Just like the name says, warns you if your standing is something that you shouldn't be *cough fire...
- NPCScan - Get out and find those rares!
- BigWigs Bossmods - These are a must, if there is one add-on to have it's this. Also some people prefer DBM, but I prefer this one. It's a personal preference.
- Littewigs Bossmods - Just like the bigger bother this one is for the older dungeons. If your grabbing Bigwigs grab this one also.
- DBM (Deadly Boss Mods) - Just like Bigwigs. I use to use this one back in the day, nothing wrong with it, but I just prefer Bigwigs.
- Bagnon - Turns all your bags into one large bag.
- Titan Panel - A great customize-able toolbar.
- Bartender 4 - Customize your button boxes, or any other boxes where ever you feel like on the screen. Can also re-size them all. Remove the gryphons etc.
- OmniCC - A cool down timer for all your spells.
- Mapster - A map replacement that is so,so much better than the normal map. Love the mini map.
- Mappy - A mini map replacement into a square, but lines up nicely all your little bubbles like, dungeon finder, mail, etc.
- Sell junk - Adds a little button on the vendor box that you can click on that will automatically sell all junk items like greys etc. A must have!
- Skada - Another DPS/Healing recount module. (this one allows dual windows and works and embeds in Elv UI perfectly)
- Auctionator - My go to auction add-on. Just drag and drop. Makes selling a whole lot easier.
- MaxDps - This is a rotation helper. Put's rings on the next best spell to use. This is just the base, you will still have to select your class to go along with it.
- The Undermine Journal - This add-on keeps track of the every changing market prices for an item. Let's you know how much an item is worth on the Auction House.
- Bonus Roll Preview - Want to see what loot you might get with your token bonus roll? This will show it on a nice slide up button to let you decide.
- Transmog Tokens - Allows you to see if you are missing a piece for transmog from your tier token.
- Can I Mog It? - This should be built in to the default interface. Puts a check mark next to items you don't need for transmog. A must have!
- StarCursor - A little add-on that helps you to find your cursor on the screen.
- ls: Toasts - Replacement for default alert system. Fancier achievements and loot!
- World Quest Group Finder - Go into an area that has a quest instantly ask you if you want to join a group, making completing it faster. Saves time.
- KkthnxUI - A great "all in one" UI that I have been using lately. In fact I got rid of a lot of my add-ons because this has most of the things built in.
- SpartanUI - Another great "all in one" UI. I tried this one awhile back and enjoyed it. Might play around with it again. I believe it does require Bartender 4 though.
- Elv Ui - Probably the most popular UI out there. Almost everyone uses it. Has tons of stuff built in that replaces a lot of add-ons.
- BenikUI v3 - This add-on required Elv UI installed first to be able to run. Makes some really nice changes to Elv UI.
- GoldpawUI - This is the base of this UI, the Author separated out the add-ons. So you will need to grab each add-on separately. This now includes everything built in as a single download. The layout fades away giving you a clean screen all the time until combat arises.
Last edited by a moderator: