Reading Instructions

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
How many of you actually read instructions? Maybe it's a Man thing, but sometimes I just feel as if I know how to already do it. I don't want to take the time to sit down and read the instructions or booklet. I just want to get down to it. This is good most of the time, but then sometimes you really need to. Take into account my day yesterday. I bought a science crystal growing kit for my and my Daughter. I skimmed over the instructions since you have to add certain packets etc. I missed one basic part that said "DO NOT STIR". Of course what did I do? I stirred it. Since I already used all the solution I am not out of luck. $10 down the drain. So ya sometimes you really should read them all the way through first.

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Members
Yep that's sums up guys pretty much a lot of the times.

I remember way back getting a rock chip in our windshield. Got one of those home seal kits. Didn't read the instructions all the way. Well one warning is to not force the stuff in by pressing on the syringe. I read the part about pulling and letting go to let it do it's thing. Well dumb me though hey why not press so it gets into the cracks better. Bad idea. THe suction cup seal broke and it sprayed all over the place and in my eyes.

I am sure I have plenty of other things I ruined or did wrong due to not following or reading the instructions properly.

ryanator

Mathematical
Members
Yes, 9 out of 10 times, it's pretty basic, but that one time, it will screw you up.

Last edited by a moderator:

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Thought I would update on the crystals, they actually didn't turn out to bad even with my mess up.