Nintendo's miniature NES

Well maybe I am mad more at scalpers and how this is to their advantage. If stupid people would just never put up with paying more than retail for it then this would never happen. It's those that have 10 or more and asking $200+. I get free market and all that but still.
Like I said there is no reason they couldn't had made more units. Also look at the release timing, right before Christmas, they know excalty what they are doing. Don't worry after the Holidays they will start hitting the stores in bulk, come back to normal price, and the scalpers know this. They are just trying to get as much as possible right now.

So how is it @C Pav?

Never mind look who I am talking to, I bet it never sees the light of day.

Because you like to buy things and not open them.
Well you do understand that it's hard to open and play everything when I buy 20 games a week...

Well you do understand that it's hard to open and play everything when I buy 20 games a week...
The question still remains, will you open it?

The question still remains, will you open it?
The box is super mint and in great shape but yeah the urge to play the old games and the nostalgia is too strong. Now the question is do I mod it to put on more games?

The box is super mint and in great shape but yeah the urge to play the old games and the nostalgia is too strong. Now the question is do I mod it to put on more games?
You can mod them to add more games? (I am not surprised, just haven't heard about it).

You can mod them to add more games? (I am not surprised, just haven't heard about it).
Yep. Pretty safe as well. It copies the original data to your computer first, in case it needs to be flashed back to original, then writes the custom software via USB. No modding or anything. Originally it was only 60 games max but the current has well over 200. 

Yep. Pretty safe as well. It copies the original data to your computer first, in case it needs to be flashed back to original, then writes the custom software via USB. No modding or anything. Originally it was only 60 games max but the current has well over 200. 
Dam that is pretty cool, thanks for the info. I haven't seen them in stores yet myself.

These are still unobtainable. I still have not seen them every on a store shelf.

These are still unobtainable. I still have not seen them every on a store shelf.
Yes, these are tougher to find than the Switch (but not much).  I actually just managed to catch a small shipment of 5 at a Walmart in town this weekend thanks to a heads up from @C Pav   Was there early AM when first available (not even out on shelves yet) and one other was there asking about them already and they showed out of stock again within a couple hours after I was there

Finally hooked mine up. I sent some phone pictures to @nodle last night. Of course I got the "surprised you took it out of the box" but I must admit the collector in me kind of did want ti left boxed but the true gamer in me said I need to play it. It's a nice quick hookup and setup to play. Only wish some of the games were chosen better. Take Contra, they have Super C(number 2) but growing up the original was where it was at. Also the Tecmo Bowl was not the one that was the classic. Super Tecmo Bowl was and is what is wanted but maybe due to licenses and stuff they could not have that. Also growing up Mike Tyson's Punch Out was what was played but I know for reasons they need to have the redone edition without Tyson.

I did download the hack tools so may do that to add all the games I want. Of course the thing still has a bunch of games I do want to play again.

Last edited by a moderator:
The dumbest thing about this thing is the controller and just cable length in general.  HDMI to hook to TV and a short USB cable to connect for power.  Easy enough, but it will have to be near your TV.  Then it comes with a  wired controller with a cable around 2.5' long.  

It's 2017 Nintentdo, people have large TV's and do not sit 2' from them when viewing or playing.  I do not want to sit 2.5' or less from a 65" TV to play games.   

So mine is unboxed but not hooked up or played because I have to an order extension cable for the controller or a 3rd party wireless option.  Plus it only came with one controller and the official controllers to get a second are as hard to find as the classic console itself, so that's great too.  Fuckers

The dumbest thing about this thing is the controller and just cable length in general.  HDMI to hook to TV and a short USB cable to connect for power.  Easy enough, but it will have to be near your TV.  Then it comes with a  wired controller with a cable around 2.5' long.  It's 2017 Nintentdo, people have large TV's and do not sit 2' from them when viewing or playing.  I do not want to sit 2.5' or less from a 65" TV to play games.   
So mine is unboxed but not hooked up or played because I have to an order extension cable for the controller or a 3rd party wireless option.  Plus it only came with one controller and the official controllers to get a second are as hard to find as the classic console itself, so that's great too.  Fuckers
Yes I agree. It's not like making the controller cord a proper length like the original would be that expensive.

I did download the hack tools so may do that to add all the games I want. Of course the thing still has a bunch of games I do want to play again.
This interests me if you ever get around to doing it. Shoot if I see one on a shelf, I think I may even pick one of these up.

I went and checked prices on Amazon $169.99 for one? WTF! What is the normal retail on these things?

So tell me about how to hack it @C Pav, what does the process entail?

I went and checked prices on Amazon $169.99 for one? WTF! What is the normal retail on these things?
Retail is $60.  You cannot find it on Amazon, what you are seeing there is a reseller (scalper).Haxxing it is quite simple at this point.  Download some software, get your mods/roms, hook up to PC, use software to place extra games on it.  With some of the mods you can also play games from SNES, Genesis, Gameboy, N64.   Basically you could do the same with some emulators and a Raspberry pi if you don't want to mess with your hard to find NES classic.  

I am going to start to pay more interest now when I am stores. I just figured after the holidays that they would have been widely available. Guess I was wrong. Shoot I bet Nintendo could sell more of these than even their switch. I think I have all the roms already, just need the box now.

Back