Razer products

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Has anyone ever used their stuff? I think I have a older Death adder that i still haven't used yet, But I always like the feel of their mechanical keyboards. I got to feel their new Razer Ornata Chroma keyboard keys and really liked it. Apparently you have to use their software for their products that have a cloud sync. Anyone used it? Does the software work good?

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-ornata-chroma

Last edited by a moderator:

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Members
Their mice don't interest me much. Keyboard looks nice but don't you prefer your Corsair? You just got it.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Their mice don't interest me much. Keyboard looks nice but don't you prefer your Corsair? You just got it.
Yes I like my keyboard, but twice now it has not lit my color scheme unless I restart the system then it loads properly. I don't know if it's my keyboard or their software. Maybe I just got a bad one?

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
So my parents picked me up the Razer Ornata Chroma mentioned above. I played with it all weekend. Here is what I like don't like.

Pros:

I love how the keys are rock solid and no play (because of the membrane support).

I didn't have a problem with the software

Cons:

Oils and finger prints on the keys

I feel like the keys will wear out from all the oils and finger prints to the point of wearing off the matte finish off the keys.

Clicky noise (not to bad)

I don't think I will be keeping it, and already cancelled my return from Amazon on my Corsair Strafe RGB and am just going to get a new one. Compared to the Razer I feel like the keys will last 10x longer and not wear out.

jthock

Lumberjack
Members
I use the Deathadder

and the Deathstalker

p.s. I am quite jelly of the chroma

Last edited by a moderator:

jthock

Lumberjack
Members
haha yeah they're small compared to what I was used to with my logitech... they seem pretty normal now. I have way less problems with gunk being built up because there isn't as much space for stuff to fall through and there is no issue with labeling being peeled off of the keys because the letters/symbols are engraved into the keys