PSA: Change your cabin filter

Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
So for those of you that have never changed your cabin filter in your car, I would HIGHLY recommend it. I pulled mine out of my car and have never replaced it before an it was disgusting. I can't even believe that my car's heater or vents even worked. For the cost around $15 I highly recommend it. They say every 30-35k replace them. Now I am going to replace them in the rest of my vehicles. They are normally located behind the glove box and probably takes about 10 minutes to replace.

ryanator

Mathematical
Members
The car I'm driving didn't install them by factory default in the US.  They had the plastic piece cutout in place and actually had no filter at all.  So I ordered the insert from overseas and simply cutout the piece behind the glove box, now I have a cabin air filter.  Every so often, I will just replace the stock mesh filter piece with a cut out from a house filter to put inside the main insert. Most vehicles have them though, was surprised a vehicle would come without one.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Well as funny as it is my truck doesn't have one either. I even looked behind the glove box last night to make double sure.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
So I picked up one for our newer car on the way home. Holy cow! I can't believe how dirty the filter was! I will be changing way more often now. To think the air we breathe in our vehicles pass through these. o_O