Snow melting in your garage

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, I have had this problem for some time now. My garage is heated, but does not have a floor drain. So, when we pull our car in, the chunks of ice and snow melt off and run everywhere. Last year I came up with a great solution which was a dry/wet shop vac, which sucks up all the water. This fixes the majority of the problems, but I just ordered a floor fan. It is the type that uses a squirrel cage fan and blows low to the ground to dry out carpets etc. Our maintenance guy had one at our work and when he would mop, he would use it and I was always impressed on how fast it dried the floor out. So hopefully this will dry things out even faster.

I just use a big squeegee and push it out onto the driveway.

I just use a big squeegee and push it out onto the driveway.
I have one as well, but to do a good job, I have to keep backing the car all the way out at night.

I guess I never updated. Thankfully we haven't had any snow since, but I did end up buying myself a nice floor dryer for this future problem. It also has a built in timer. I just hope I never have to use it.

Amazon product ASIN B08K9CW9TY

Built-in timer with floor fan is the way to go, that's awesome dude! We don't have one yet but I used fans at a couple jobs lately where I had to air off wet floors from mopping, etc, and it's amazing how fast a good floor fan works. We'll have to see how bad the water is this year I guess. It has only lightly dusted here in Northern Minnesota. Brown/green grass and ground all around right now. Pretty warm days followed by freezing nights, but again, no snow.

It will probably dump in January but last year was nightmarish. It snowed like 6 feet and my truck got buried. We hired someone to come plow the driveway and he just pushed all the snow into my truck, further trapping it behind like 10 feet of snow, lol!! I was pissed but at least I was able to get out. It looked like a lot of people were trapped in their houses last year. Snow blowers alone aren't enough to do the trick sometimes.

Wall of text I know but when we lived in MT again about 3 years ago, we lived north of butte in elk park/molten reservoir and I had a super nice electronic plow attached to an old white wood truck that I had. I used to plow the whole road up there... it was good times, felt like something I would love to do again. I used to plow the elderly lady's driveway as well, and as you know up in the mountains it's a pretty big job. She loved me for it though and I did it for free.

I also learned to put on chains for my truck and do all kinds of maintenance work then. Call Mr. Plow, that's my name, that name again is Mr. Plow!

p.s. we would have kept the plow (it really was badass, bought it up in Missoula and permanently attached it to my old truck), but the neighbors offered us good money to keep it because theirs was getting old.. miss that old plow

Last edited:
Homer Simpson Call Mr Plow Thats My Name That Name Again Is Mr Plow GIF

Back