RetroPie - for those of us that never got a mini

I like my mini nes - I've added a few extra games to it, but most def would love to play some mario kart. lol

Last night I redid my Mini NES as I had too many games I tried to push to it. So I put back all NES games and a small amount of Gameboy and Gameboy Color games. I then put on all Sega Master System games to relive them as growing up a friend had the system and many games for it.

I did get a C8 error then after restart a C2 error then it reset the setting s but then all games were there and my saves. Might have to reflash the kernal to clean it up.

Last night I redid my Mini NES as I had too many games I tried to push to it. So I put back all NES games and a small amount of Gameboy and Gameboy Color games. I then put on all Sega Master System games to relive them as growing up a friend had the system and many games for it.I did get a C8 error then after restart a C2 error then it reset the setting s but then all games were there and my saves. Might have to reflash the kernal to clean it up.
Anyway of increases the storage? Does it recognize an external drive or flash drive by chance?

Anyway of increases the storage? Does it recognize an external drive or flash drive by chance?
No so don't bash it because yes we know about the retro pi. I'm sitting on gold value bro... Kidding aside strange thing is typically the mod tool shows the 300 MB limit but after I did whatever then tried to add the smaller amount of games at 232 MB, restarted, and then was able to add the games it showed 333 MB available. I think it may be tied to trying too many and the error I got.

the mod tool shows the 300 MB limit but after I did whatever then tried to add the smaller amount of games at 232 MB, restarted, and then was able to add the games it showed 333 MB available.
That or it may expand the game? Maybe has a cache it uses?

Sexy!

CNoF9iQ.jpg

Welp I ordered my second Pi today. Also got a fancier plexiglass case, along with a USB 3.0 micro SD card reader.

Got my second Pi setup last night. Got a C4labs case. The case it top quality. The only problem is I was missing the little feet. I emailed at like 9:30 at night last night and got a email back about 15 minutes later asking for my address and apologizing and saying they would ship off the missing pieces tomorrow. Top notch service! Then I flash over my image and reconnected my bluetooth controller again and am good to go.

Played with some new themes last night. Actually found some I liked even better. Also my Daughter loved playing the old Excitebike last night. She thought it was so much fun.

This guy made a nice build using an old tv. Make me want to buy a 13" black and white dual dial and put on of this with a NES loaded on it. That is what I grew up playing my NES on. We didn't have a color tv until the Super Nintendo was out.

EsWulYG.jpg

Build images and more.

I am surprised your not into these @ryanator? Weren't you into building classic arcades? Imagine what you could do with your wood working talent.DQQfMuG.jpg
I think I'm going to make something like this for my kids this Christmas.    

If you want some nice looking stickers covers for the default Pi case.

Link

Last edited by a moderator:
If you use a 8bido controller, they just released firmware 4.0 which allows you to use it on the Nintendo Switch now.

A  nicely done bar top Retro Pi.

U5xKjNE.jpg

More

QG0EzbvvYWGUPprDWSf-fcBn3i3TQDXTr7XUFEQdnlA.jpg

@jmanz got to play a little, we had a few minutes of fun playing Excite bike trying to beat each others score.

Back