Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

Project "Don't let the wife know"

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
So I built my parents a computer (i7, 16gig ddr3, Corsair 650watt modular power supply, Corsair case, Coolermaster heatsink). I pulled a few of my parts out and decided to build a new one.

Parts ordered:

Motherboard Z170 Chipset:

Was looking at all sorts of motherboards. Started out cheap, ended up with this one. @C Pav has the same. Thanks for the recommendation bro. Those Dora Youtube videos are going to fly on this thing!

Memory DDR4 3200:

Case:

This was a toss up between the 400q (quite) and the 400c (side window). I went with the 400c since I always enjoy showing off my wiring skills, and might as well look at the stuff I bought.

Went with the best cpu right now i7 Core i7-6700K Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz unlocked:

I also bought some Artic Silver thermal paste. I will be re-using my Corsair H60 watercooler, my EVGA 850 gold modular power supply, my Samsung ssd (I do want to move up to a M2 sometime) and my Asus Strix 970gtx.

Last edited by a moderator:

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Accidentally ordered wrong speed of memory. went from 3000 to 3200 ddr 4.

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Members
Wanting a new case but not the pain of moving parts and rewiring. WIsh I worked in a place that got to do this stuff all day. Would love to do custom cables and a custom water cooling setup.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Wanting a new case but not the pain of moving parts and rewiring. WIsh I worked in a place that got to do this stuff all day. Would love to do custom cables and a custom water cooling setup.
Pick yourself out a new case. It's always fun to re-wire. I was looking at custom sleeved cables last night, but think I am going to hold off. Bring you stuff over I'll turn the heat on in the garage. Got great work benches and plenty of tools and zip ties.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I really want to get an M2 drive. but I am going to make due with my SSD for now.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
You got an unlocked i7 didn't you? Did you overclock it by using the built in software? or at least enable the xmp for the memory?

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Members
You got an unlocked one or no you didn't overclock?
Haha sorry for the short answer. No I have ot overclocked it but yes I have the K version. Oh and sorry I keep being lazy in sending you a picture of the inside.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Haha sorry for the short answer. No I have ot overclocked it but yes I have the K version. Oh and sorry I keep being lazy in sending you a picture of the inside.
Come on Dillon what's wrong with you?