Nintendo Switch

Tell me your games for the Switch senpai @C Pav
What games do I have? Zelda, Mario, Bayonetta 2 which also has the original with it, Octopath Traveler, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Fire Emblem Warriors. Can't recall the other games I have. I kind of buy tons of stuff and forget what I even all have now. Can't recall if I got Splatoon 2 or not.
Oh yeah, checking my game and toy cabinet closet here at work I found Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana and Code of Princess EX. My Octopath Traveler Wayferer's Editon is also in there.

Physical since Switch hardly has space and they are nice flash carts so better than disks.

I have a storage closet/cabinet here at work so store all the stuff I order and really don't have much room at home for currently so lot's of games, Lego sets, game guides and such are in them. Need a picture?

Ok bought Mario Kart 8 yesterday (got killer local deal). Then ordered fortnight switch deal (could care less about fortnight). Also ordered tempered screen protector as well. Anything else I need to get? I also over nighted it. :giggle:

I said a Pro controller now stop not listening. By the way, not a fan of Mario Kart so not sure why you would not get the real games in Mario and Zelda. Sheesh.

I said a Pro controller now stop not listening. By the way, not a fan of Mario Kart so not sure why you would not get the real games in Mario and Zelda. Sheesh.
I'm just in the mood for that style of game. Zelda will probably be my next. Mario, meh, never been to big of the 3D Marios. I would rather have 2D. But there are so many other things that look good with all the indie stuff. Octopath traveler is highly on my list. I just don't want to get to overloaded. Also I spoke to @Mike on here and he has Mario Kart as well so I figured I would have someone to play with along with you. I have spent the last week each night watching multiple Youtube review videos on it and 1 year later reviews, and it is funny there were a few guy that felt the same way as I originally did and then ended up loving the system and became all that they play.

I was more kidding. I should bust it open and play it too.

Oh, I also have Lost Sphere I noticed.

Oh, I also have Lost Sphere I noticed.
I watched some videos on that. You know whats funny I keep missing the mark on all these consoles. I remember when I bought my PS3 for RPGs since the PS2 was the leader. Then the xbox 360 game out and was the leader in RPGs for that era. So then I get a PS4 thinking it would be, now it seems to be the switch. o_O

I watched some videos on that. You know whats funny I keep missing the mark on all these consoles. I remember when I bought my PS3 for RPGs since the PS2 was the leader. Then the xbox 360 game out and was the leader in RPGs for that era. So then I get a PS4 thinking it would be, now it seems to be the switch. o_O
Well the PS4 still rocks many amazing RPGs along with other games. THe Switch though seems to also get a great amount. XBox is FINALLY working on catching up so I am happy about that but just took so long.

I think he RPGs have gone the way of the indie developers and that is why there are so many on the switch.

Also is the 32gig card enough?

How is the Nintendo online program? $20 for a while year is decent *cough Sony *cough Microsoft.

Kinda want.

How is the Nintendo online program? $20 for a while year is decent *cough Sony *cough Microsoft.
Tough comparison against PS+ or Xbox Gold in my opinion, they offer a much stronger online service plus a few games every month. Nintendo's online story stinks - have to have a smart phone with a different app for game chat. The access to classic NES games is nice and not terrible for the $20 a year. That's the only part of their offering that all all makes it potentially interesting to me, and is more comparable to Xbox GamePass than anything else
https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/nes/

or for your $20 a year you can spend more money on "special" offers (these are neat and all, but.. https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/special-offers/

So got the Switch yesterday. :) I thought I would post what I think so far.

• The screen is smaller than I thought. Not that it's a bad thing, I thought it would be at least an inch bigger screen size.

• Same goes for the controllers, again it's not a bad thing when you use it for portability.

• Setup was painless, had an update to do. All went fast.

• Put on my first screen protector and everything was perfect except for one piece of dust in the center, had to pull it off then messed it up worse. Tried my seconf piece of glass and it's not perfect flat this time, but the company said they would send me a whole new package for free to try again (good service) not really a Nintendo problem but thought I would mention it. (how did your screen protector come out @C Pav ?)

• It is cool jumping from little screen to big or vice versa, works flawless. I played Mario Kart last night which was a blast. Colors look good and has the fun factor.

• I need to try to add some friends, how does this work? Friend code crap? Any answers senpai @C Pav ?

• I then swapped to small screen and played in bed, this time everything seems the perfect size for portability. Nice sharp clear screen.

• The included controller to turn it into a full size controller isn't to bad, but I could see where larger buttons could be nicer to have on the pro controller.

Overall it seems like a great little system so far.

So got the Switch yesterday. :) I thought I would post what I think so far.

• The screen is smaller than I thought. Not that it's a bad thing, I thought it would be at least an inch bigger screen size.

• Same goes for the controllers, again it's not a bad thing when you use it for portability.

• Setup was painless, had an update to do. All went fast.

• Put on my first screen protector and everything was perfect except for one piece of dust in the center, had to pull it off then messed it up worse. Tried my seconf piece of glass and it's not perfect flat this time, but the company said they would send me a whole new package for free to try again (good service) not really a Nintendo problem but thought I would mention it. (how did your screen protector come out @C Pav ?)

• It is cool jumping from little screen to big or vice versa, works flawless. I played Mario Kart last night which was a blast. Colors look good and has the fun factor.

• I need to try to add some friends, how does this work? Friend code crap? Any answers senpai @C Pav ?

• I then swapped to small screen and played in bed, this time everything seems the perfect size for portability. Nice sharp clear screen.

• The included controller to turn it into a full size controller isn't to bad, but I could see where larger buttons could be nicer to have on the pro controller.

Overall it seems like a great little system so far.
LOL at screen protector. I hate any type of such thing BUT I got mine on perfectly. I went overboard though and did the steamed bathroom method. Run hot water from shower in a bathroom so it gets rid of any stuff floating in the air. I then waited a bit for room to clear some then put it on. Again, I got lucky with no defects or anything first try.
Adding friends I forgot but yeah think it's a 12 digit friend code:

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/add-friends-nintendo-switch,review-4244.html

I felt the screen is large enough for the intended purpose so no complaints there. I also liked the many different play/use styles. The first night I set mine up I tried every method possible and in the end I prefer the Pro controller and is why I SAY GET IT!

I haven't completely finished Zelda. Very close, I could just go do the final fight and say I had beat it, but I instead ran around looking for all the little collectible things and such

I also have not finished Zelda. I am only half way through the main story but with hundreds of hours of side stuff to do it's easy to get side tracked.

I must say I love this console more and more each time. I had been playing by myself most of the night (the battery life is excellent) and my Daughter wanted to play. Popped in Mario Kart 8 and flipped out the kickstand, pulled the controllers off and it went into split screen and we had a great time playing. Nintendo is one of those companies that always has the 'fun factor'.

Back