Windows Vista offically cracked

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure you will see this all over the net. All i can say is the true bios crack will last longer than this. But still amazing.

BIOS Emulation Toolkit For Windows Vista x86

Download link:

*LINK REMOVED*

What's the purpose of this release?

Bypassing the product activation requirement of Microsoft Windows Vista x86.

How does it work?

Microsoft allows large hardware manufacturers (e.g. ASUS, HP, Dell) to ship their products

containing a Windows Vista installation that does NOT require any kind of product activation as

this might be considered an unnecessary inconvenience for the end-user.

Instead these so-called 'Royalty OEMs' are granted the right to embed certain license information

into their hardware products, which can be validated by Windows Vista to make obtaining further

activation information (online or by phone) obsolete.

This mechanism is commonly referred to as 'SLP 2.0' ('system-locked pre-installation 2.0') and

consists of the following three key elements:

1. The OEM's hardware-embedded BIOS ACPI_SLIC information signed by Microsoft.

2. A certificate issued by Microsoft that corresponds to the specific ACPI_SLIC information.

The certificate is an XML file found on the OEM's installation/recovery media,

ususally called something like 'oemname.xrm-ms'.

3. A special type of product key that corresponds to the installed edition of Windows Vista.

This key can usually be obtained from some installation script found on the OEM's

installation/recovery media or directly from a pre-installed OEM system.

If all three elements match Windows Vista's licensing mechansim considers the given

installation a valid system-locked pre-activated copy (that does not require any

additional product activation procedures).

So the basic concept of the tool at hand is to present any given BIOS ACPI_SLIC information to Windows

Vista's licensing mechanism by means of a device driver.

In combination with a matching product key and OEM certificate this allows for rendering any system

practically indistinguishable from a legit pre-activated system shipped by the respective OEM.

How do I use it?

Preliminary hint:

Most operations described below require elevated privileges, so disabling UAC (Run->MSCONFIG.EXE->

Tools->Disable UAC) for the time being is recommended, Of course, it can be safely re-enabled after

all steps have been performed. Otherwise OEMTOOL.EXE and some SLMGR.VBS operations must be explicitly

run with adminstrative privileges.

1. Install the Windows Vista x86 edition of your choice without entering any product key during setup.

Basically any Windows Vista x86 installation media will do, regardless if it's MSDN/Retail/OEM/ETC

2. Install the emulation driver.

INSERT THIS FILE INTO THE C: SO THE FILE IS IN C:.XRM-MS E.G. C:ASUS.XRM-MS" if you chose to install the default driver

Run OEMTOOL.EXE, select the OEM BIOS information to emulate (ASUS might be a good choice given the

fact that it's the only OEM for which a complete set of product keys is provided ) and hit the

'' button.

If prompted about whether to install an unsigned driver, allow it.

(For some odd reason Microsoft didn't wanna sign this one...)

3. Reboot your machine.

4. Install the OEM certificate matching your OEM selection during driver installation by running

SLMGR.VBS -ilc .XRM-MS

(e.g. "SLMGR.VBS -ilc C:ASUS.XRM-MS" if you chose to install the default driver and extracted

the certificate file to C:)

Note that this operation might take quite a while depending on your system, so be patient.

5. Install an OEM product key matching the installed edition of Windows Vista x86 by running

SLMGR.VBS -ipk

(e.g. "SLMGR.VBS -ipk 6F2D7-2PCG6-YQQTB-FWK9V-932CC" if you're running Windows Vista Ultimate using

the default emulation driver)

Note that this operation might take quite a while depending on your system, so be patient.

See PKEYS.TXT for a list of OEM product keys published by different OEMs.

This is only for talk about it. Don't post links to it. I'm sure if you really want it you can find it very, very easily on the net.

I in no way sponsor pirating software. But it will be interesting to see how Microsoft deals with this. They blacklist the keys, then basically everyone that has bought a hp,dell,acer, or asus mainboard will be locked out. I think that will be to big of a headache even for Microsoft.

I in no way sponsor pirating software. But it will be interesting to see how Microsoft deals with this. They blacklist the keys, then basically everyone that has bought a hp,dell,acer, or asus mainboard will be locked out. I think that will be to big of a headache even for Microsoft.
Just trying to get a raise out of you sir.  :twisted:

Just trying to get a raise out of you sir.  :twisted:
:oops:

:abby: :abby: :abby:

Where is our Pinocchio emoticon?

Back