Carpal Tunnel

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience dealing with carpal tunnel. I have been experiencing it a lot lately for about the last 2 months or so. I figured it was always coming with all the years sitting behind a keyboard. But with my new job I use my hands a lot more and it is more physical. The result of this is my hands falling asleep at night when I wake up, or tingling and pain in my right hand thought the day. I have been taking some ibuprofen lately hoping it takes down the inflammation. I don't really know what to do about it. I don't want to be a pussy and wear a wrist guard unless it was at home. I have even been looking at those copper/magnetic bracelets that are suppose to help with the pain. Anyone else have this?

I don't have this myself, but have recently found out that my shoulder problem stemming from over 3 years ago may be from a compressed nerve in the shoulder (rare diagnosis).  A doctor I talked to last week related a little bit about treating carpel tunnel syndrome being more common (both are nerve related).  Either you do therapy, braces, injections (temporary relief) or after all else failed, look at nerve entrapment release surgery (which is not always the easy fix).  I would get this checked out right away to rule out nerve damage, the sooner the better when it comes to nerves I was told.  Something about letting nerve damage do on longer makes things worse.

With my shoulder, I I don't get numbing really, just general shoulder pain that mimics many other common shoulder issues (I had everything else checked out with all scans and tests), so they think it's the nerve.  They are trying to find someone that will be able to diagnose it correctly.  They either have to do an EMG (electric pulse) test or inject a numbing agent in the exact location to see if it responds positively.  I was told I would have to go to someone out of state most likely that would have seen this before.  Most likely and hopefully there is no damage, just scar or fiber tissue that's compressing on the nerve in the shoulder than can be released to free the nerve and it's pain.

I don't have carpel tunnel but have and have had my share, A LOT ACTUALLY, of pains. Of course I lift heavy, exercise a lot and play sports. One thing is if it's really bad to see a doctor. I know we want to be tough and not do that but it's for the best. Trying fad bracelets and such is, IMO, stupid. I also know stretching the appropriate muscle and massage is really helpful. Sometimes it;s not the muscle exactly where the pain is causing the problem. Take lower back pain. A lot of is can be from a tight piriformis muscle which is a small muscle deep in the butt.Knee pain can be problems with imbalance or pain in the hamstrings or quads. Even the calf being tight can cause knee pain or ankle pain.

Let's say I am a walking pain machine and I hate spending the weekend feeling like I have been hit by a train trying to recover so I can feel somewhat ready for the new week. I know some of it's my lifting and exercise routine and playing softball still but even when I do nothing I have some pain plus my genetics are terrible and if I don't exercise I will become fat. 

Kratom is pain relieving and an anti-inflammatory. Legal in most states. 

It just sucks, I have never been one for pain. I am the type of "suck it up pussy" type of guy that if something hurts you make it hurt harder and show it who's boss. But this sucks especially since it's my main hand I write with etc. It's not like I can just saw to my boss, "I am sorry I can't do that since it would hurt my wrist", I wouldn't have a job then. 

The wrists be limp.

My Mom brought over a wrist wrap thing last night. It actually helped I was surprised. My hand didn't fall asleep etc. Even though I felt like a fgt wearing it.

Surprisingly my wrist seems to be getting better from wearing  that wrist support. 

Surprisingly my wrist seems to be getting better from wearing  that wrist support. 
And less 

fapping

My stepdad is an anesthesiologist. He deals with carpals sometimes, I believe.

My problems all arise from my posture. Also, if I were you, I would get a gelpad for your wrist(s). It's good

I'm doing some more healthcare studying, just got done with some Biology, moving on to Biology II this Fall probably. Never too late to learn. Most physical trauma can be healed by deep tissue massage, actually, although you probably spend more time typing than I do. I mostly just mess with twitch chat and do 'personal journey' stuff on the PC.

Also, are you fapping too much?

Also, are you fapping too much?
Not enough...My wrist has been doing great, just took sometime to heal, wearing that wrist support at night helped a bunch.

Not enough...My wrist has been doing great, just took sometime to heal, wearing that wrist support at night helped a bunch.
Now that you restarted WoW I suggest a gel pad. I have one at work and it's amazing. I know when I used to play WoW for those long sessions it was bad for my wrist as I didn't have a good setup...oh and less fapping.

Now that you restarted WoW I suggest a gel pad. I have one at work and it's amazing. I know when I used to play WoW for those long sessions it was bad for my wrist as I didn't have a good setup...oh and less fapping.
Link to gel pad?

I am kinda liking this gel pad better...

613RPFWASKL._SL1000_.jpg

I have been having to wear my wrist brace the last couple of days, I have been painting my bosses office for him and it really flared up my wrist.

fKNBkXk6H6qm52CNSAwNryrMhFb2wKsoxmFb6_LVyKs.jpg

Back