Apple products and their iOS

New update out.

Picked up a gen 5 Apple Watch for the wife the other day through Best Buy's memorial day sale. She really likes it, first one we've had.

I have been stealing my wife's airpods quite a bit lately to do yard work with. Apple made them quite nice.

I have been stealing my wife's airpods quite a bit lately to do yard work with. Apple made them quite nice.
Regular or Pro? I have some regular ones and nice for an occasional call, also nice for listening to something without disturbing everyone and still being able to hear what's going on around you. Not super comfortable for a long time. I could see them working well for just being outside, but if running anything motorized it would drown them out easily. Not sure how good the noise canceling of the Pro is if it would allow them to work while trimming/mowing. I have a pair of Beats Studio's I've used to drown out my mower.

Picked up a gen 5 Apple Watch for the wife the other day through Best Buy's memorial day sale. She really likes it, first one we've had.
The watches are pretty nice hardware. Notifications without directly looking at the phone is nice. Activity tracking can be as well. If ever showering/swimming with it, you are supposed to enable the water mode before getting in, rather than expecting it to enable on its own. Had a buddy that support told him that if there was water damage because he hadn't been doing it, that they wouldn't be able to warranty his watch. So swipe up from bottom, click the little droplet to lock it down before a swim I guess.

The watches are pretty nice hardware. Notifications without directly looking at the phone is nice. Activity tracking can be as well. If ever showering/swimming with it, you are supposed to enable the water mode before getting in, rather than expecting it to enable on its own. Had a buddy that support told him that if there was water damage because he hadn't been doing it, that they wouldn't be able to warranty his watch. So swipe up from bottom, click the little droplet to lock it down before a swim I guess.
Thanks for the tip. I'm hoping the watch gets taken off first (just in case) before getting too wet. :LOL:
Do you have a screen protector for yours? We bought a Zagg but not real happy with it. Looking to get a different one.

Regular or Pro?
Just regular.

Not sure how good the noise canceling of the Pro is if it would allow them to work while trimming/mowing.
For this I use a pair of 3M earmuffs that have Bluetooth capability. I can't imagine even noise cancellation earplugs being able to safely block the noise created by a lawnmower. Mine safely block the noise but I can still listen to music at the same time.

Thanks for the tip. I'm hoping the watch gets taken off first (just in case) before getting too wet. :LOL: Do you have a screen protector for yours? We bought a Zagg but not real happy with it. Looking to get a different one.
I have a TPU cover for mine, kinda like this and like it. Search for iWatch tpu cover on Amazon.61La7+zvlRL._AC_UL320_.jpg

Thanks for the tip. I'm hoping the watch gets taken off first (just in case) before getting too wet. :LOL: Do you have a screen protector for yours? We bought a Zagg but not real happy with it. Looking to get a different one.
I don't have any protection on it, but it isn't a bad idea. I had some scratches and small chips in my series 3 from banging it on things accidentally.
As far as getting it wet, it's safe to use in water. Plenty of swimming / showers with series 3 and 5 and never had any water issue, it's made for it. Didn't know you were supposed to manually engage the water mode on the 3 either and still no issues

I have a TPU cover for mine, kinda like this and like it. Search for iWatch tpu cover on Amazon.61La7+zvlRL._AC_UL320_.jpg
Ordered one like this yesterday, should be here today Amazon claims. Will report back.

Update- Got the style @nodle recommended and it is NICE. Also, we got the Amazon order in 1 day with normal Prime delivery. Very happy all the way around.

or 13.5.5 update hit last night if you have the beta setup

or 13.5.5 update hit last night if you have the beta setup
Anything fun I'm missing with not having the beta setup currently?

Anything fun I'm missing with not having the beta setup currently?
Not that I know of with current releases being minor version updates, once they push an iOS 14 beta then there should be some bigger updates. I originally set it up to get iOS 13 beta to get the early features of a major release. These minor releases don't usually have fun new functionality, I've just left it setup. I've not seen any issues with beta though, as with any "public beta" it's a pretty generally stable build before they push it out. I'm sure it's mostly a sanity check for them to get a broader user base and catch any minor misses - always a chance of some big issue though I suppose. Not that it's unheard of for a final public release either.

13.6 update out.

What goes up, must come down.

Update out.

Back