Prototype (xbox360)

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This game was fairly fun, reminded me of Grand Theft Auto with Just Cause. Was fun upgrading your powers etc. Wasn't too tough except for a few bosses. Ending one was tough. But when I first started playing it I didn't give it enough credit, about halfway through I really started to enjoy it. Didn't do to many side missions. Overall a 7/10.

http://selectstartgames.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/prototype_042508_7263.jpg

Needs to give to me now....and Darksiders.

I started this one late last week and have probably put about 5 hours into it. By mission count I'd say i'm about halfway through and haven't done much with the little side missions. Some of the side missions are pretty tough, especially if you want to go for the gold medal in them. Anyhow so far I'm not all that impressed. It's not a terrible game, BUT it IS very very close to inFamous. By comparison it is by far the lesser of the two games.

Not a horrible game, but if you played this and liked it GO BUY inFamous NOW. You'll like it a whole lot more.

If you have played inFamous, you might want to skip this one because it's a disappointment. My biggest gripe with the game is the controls. They are not at all very well refined as far as controlling the main characters movement. You can control the guy, but it could be better

Finished story mode over the weekend. I played a few side missions, but some of them are just plain impossible. As in my previous comments the controls aren't all that refined, so some of the missions where you have to run/glide across an area collecting orbs are miserably tough and others near impossible for me. Overall though the game did grow on me and is definitely worth buying (since it's now no more than about $20). I'd say a 7/10 with the controls being the major downfall. If I didn't have a huge backlog of games to get to I would spend more time running around the city tracking down the scenic orbs, hint orbs, and the web of intrigue characters. I'll still stand behind inFamous being better, so if you go out to buy one of these two very similar games go for inFamous (or better yet get them both and play prototype first so you don't spoil yourself)

Back