Oil bust inevitable

Sold, entire life savings gone on purchase of SHLD
Well you didn't move the needle much, it's down another 1.59 percent this morning haha.

It was only like 2 shares
Hahaha. You have to be enjoying MSFT stock. A really nice run for your company.

Hahaha. You have to be enjoying MSFT stock. A really nice run for your company.
I don't hold much MSFT.  I get some here and there through ESPP program and yearly bonus type stuff, but my primary income is already tied to the company, no need for investments to rely too heavily on the well being of the same.

I don't hold much MSFT.  I get some here and there through ESPP program and yearly bonus type stuff, but my primary income is already tied to the company, no need for investments to rely too heavily on the well being of the same.
I heard AAPL is a good stock. :)

Understandable. I figured they would use their company match with MSFT stock.

Haven't you been paying attention - SHLD is where it's at
Sorry I am still waiting to cash out my ENE stock.

Understandable. I figured they would use their company match with MSFT stock
I've really driven this off topic - but you mean 401K match?  For that they just match 50% of contributions, essentially in cash to the same funds and such as contributions.Stocks I get would be through the employee stock purchase that gives a 10% discount on the price at close each quarter.  I typically sell these immediately and take the 10% (- taxes), still beats interest the same would get in a bank.  The others would be part of the annual review where employees get a x% increase in base pay, a y% as cash bonus and z% as a stock bonus that is awarded as stock and doled out in bunches over a 5 year term.  So the price is nice since I've been around long enough to have some stocks from the $25ish prices a few years back that are still doled out on occassion

I've really driven this off topic - but you mean 401K match?  For that they just match 50% of contributions, essentially in cash to the same funds and such as contributions.Stocks I get would be through the employee stock purchase that gives a 10% discount on the price at close each quarter.  I typically sell these immediately and take the 10% (- taxes), still beats interest the same would get in a bank.  The others would be part of the annual review where employees get a x% increase in base pay, a y% as cash bonus and z% as a stock bonus that is awarded as stock and doled out in bunches over a 5 year term.  So the price is nice since I've been around long enough to have some stocks from the $25ish prices a few years back that are still doled out on occassion
Good to have those options. My company is employee owned (ESOP) so the 401k match is paid through (private) company stock. Has appreciated nicely as of late but it does put a lot of eggs in one basket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to have those options. My company is employee owned (ESOP) so the 401k match is paid through (private) company stock. Has appreciated nicely as of late but it does put a lot of eggs in one basket.
It's gonna suck when the world fails one day and banks are worthless, am I right @Davidc?

It's gonna suck when the world fails one day and banks are worthless, am I right @Davidc?
If that happens, there will be bigger things to worry about.

Got a room ready for you guys.EDIT* The rest of the family not you.

If the banksters would leave things alone, the markets would take care of themselves. But the design is to implode finances worldwide and bring in the NWO system. The timing part is what most gurus get wrong. 

I am surprised to see crude still dropping with all or Trumps doings lately. I even heard they turned on the big pipeline in ND now and it's flowing.

I am surprised to see crude still dropping with all or Trumps doings lately. I even heard they turned on the big pipeline in ND now and it's flowing.
The concern is that the US will pump like crazy now causing a huge surplus.

The concern is that the US will pump like crazy now causing a huge surplus.
But we already have a huge surplus, more than they are even telling you about. I have heard rumors that a lot of companies were hiding the actual amounts hoping to drive up the price. Doesn't seem to be working though. Supply is still exceeding demand.

As long as they can still make money with oil in the 40's, they will keep pumping excessively. Some say they can, some say they can't. I think it depends on the company, their drilling technology and their location. Down in Texas for example they are able to get it out of the ground much cheaper than up north here.

Just heard that rig counts have gone up 20 weeks in a row now across the US according to today's data.

Back