People trying to save a buck by cutting corners

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
You know what aggravates me? People cutting corners trying to save a buck or two instead of just doing it right. So in one of our bathrooms, the faucet is starting to leak.No big deal. You could probably by a new seal and replace it, but I ended up just buying a whole new style of faucet. I am no plumber but I just did our kitchens this year and overall it was fairly easy. So I get under there to start the project and whoever installed the last one made no sense on their install job. the basically ran out of room for the hose and ended up buying two metal post and then buying adapters for those? I don't know if they were just trying to save money or what. In fact they probably spent more money by buying so many parts. I just swung by the hardware store and just bought two stainless steel braided hoses than can replace everything in one setting. Makes no sense. I have seen this elsewhere. Why not just pay the little extra money for the correct part and be done with it?

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Got this project finished. It was a pain I ended up buying a bunch of brass fittings and stainless cables to fix it. At least it is done properly now and not hokey like it was before.

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
I'm watching this play out in real time. Neighbor is putting in a retaining wall. Dug the trench himself with some rented equipment. He quickly realized he is in over his head and hired out some help. Some landscaping guys leveled and poured concrete down. Now he has many many 90lb blocks to move into the trench and onto the concrete. Should be interesting.