Money and the changing of attitudes

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
*NOTE: These are my own personal oversights of people that I have come in contact in different stages of my life, where I noticed the same attitude among them with being in the same situations financially.

Have you ever meet someone that was really well off in life as far as financials go and noticed their attitude? You will most likely notice this from your Bosses. I have had a few bosses including my current one, where they came from nothing but once they made it in life their attitude changed. Some will think everyone is out to get them and be always cautious with every legal matter. Some will develop an attitude where they separate themselves and put themselves on a platform higher than their fellow employee, even though they were once there also. Then you have a man with very little where he always has a good attitude and it fun to be around. You will probably even notice that the man with nothing actually gives more freely with his funds instead of the man that is well off. They slowly evolve into becoming more and more stuck up I guess you could say. I think they develop a "better-than" attitude. Meaning they are above, or think they are more intelligent, good looking etc. It's like their focus becomes clearly I need more and more. But they loose focus of the other things in life and what they once were. I always think to myself as I am sure some of you do that if you ever make it big in life you would still be you and remember your friends and the "little people". But would that really be the case? Or would you also slowly start to evolve and change and hunger for more? I think happiness gets pushed out also. Personal happiness or contentment. A feeling of being satisfied, even though you have very little to be satisfied with. I read and hear stories of people that became more and more famous and wealthy and "had it all" even though on the inside they were unhappy and unsatisfied always wanting something more. Is this some sort of disease that comes from greed? I have to wonder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people definitely change if they "have it all" or anything close to it.  On the other side though, for those will less that perhaps covet the persons position in life a bit, there may be some misconceptions or incorrect assumptions about a persons actions making them look more negative than they are.  Also, in some of these cases, people get accustomed to a slightly different life style.  Bigger toys, eat at spendy places, or extravagant vacations.  Even if they still had friends that weren't as well off that they'd like to do this stuff with, they can't really, unless they want to start paying for all their friends that can't afford it as well - in which case they would certainly be back in their old life style more quickly

Some that make less may appear to give more freely - then again if they are giving too freely that may be why others have more than them.  Donation is great, but gotta save and invest as well.  Many very rich people are also incredible philanthropists.  That doesn't mean if you just walk up and say "hey you have a more money than you know what to do with can I have some" that they won't get offended and belittle you, they give to the causes they deem worthy or that have great meaning to them.  If that doesn't line up with others views it doesn't mean they are necessarily stuck up.  They just want to spend/donate where it matters to them and not be hounded by acquaintances. 

Think of the stories you hear of someone winning the lottery and then all these long lost relatives or old friends come crawling out of the woodwork looking for a handout.  If I ever made it big I'd take care of immediate family.  I'd be generous with some minor gifts to close acquaintances from throughout life - BUT the second someone I hadn't seen or talked to in years flat out asked for some cash I'd belittle them to no end (probably).  Give freely, but if someone comes asking that's a whole other story.

Whenever I start feeling greedy I remember that my time on earth is very short. This is coming from someone who has always had very little for a lot of reasons. I am simply thankful that I have a computer and an xbox and a few friends to play games with once in a while. I could die happy at this stage, although I hope that I can finish school so I can give back more to others as a lot has been given to me.

I don't know if anyone here is religious but there's a scripture that says It is more blessed to give than to receive.' I really believe that. Like when a few people here have given me games or codes for something... or even just a bit of attention. Sounds like I'm being girly but I rarely express my feelings. I am thankful for a lot. All the other shit in life doesn't really matter that much, but knowing that you made a difference or that others made a difference to you is always the best thing to remember. It helps knowing that maybe you made life just a bit better to someone. I feel like I'm ranting, but this is a subject I am very familiar with.

First off I hope I am not being included in this category.

I've always been a "jerk" but not on purpose.

First off I hope I am not being included in this category.

I've always been a "jerk" but not on purpose.
No this was no pertained to anyone. I should had put that in my original statement. These were just oversights of people that I have come in contact in different stages of my life, where I noticed the same attitude among them with being in the same situations financially.

It's the what's mine and what I earned or "earned" is mine mentality.

2af616a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back