ryanator

Mathematical
Members
Who else dislikes the overuse of certain terms, most notably "survivor" and "hero". I remember after 9/11, the word hero was used so much that this made discussions about the overuse of the term.
What gets me now is the use of "survivor" for everyone that attended a school during a shooting, this can also applies to other events. I understand that it can be emotionally challenging to be that close to it, but they use it be act as an entitled victim and almost expect to get a bunch of sympathy. If you were shot at or singled out and survived, yeah you are a survivor. If you were on the Titanic in the middle of nowhere in cold water and the whole thing is going down and didn't die, you are a survivor. A person who has lived through a life threatening bout of cancer and lives, is a survivor. You get my point. Yes, school shootings that are just random spraying technically can target anyone, but I think the term needs to tone down some.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
People like others to have sympathy upon them. To feel that they are cared for. PLUS IT'S TRENDING ON HASHTAG#IMASURVIVORGUNSRBAD! All this media and kids anymore. They have no clue. A bunch of puppets. I agree with you @ryanator . You fought in WW2 your a Hero, you beat cancer, your a survivor. But because you liked a post of a friends post doesn't mean that your a survivor. You are not going to start a revolution. You don't even deserve all the media attention that you are getting. What no lawsuits yet? I am sure that these kids will sue gun companies etc. for emotion stress or some other B.S. soon. Guess I am going off now. There are places for these terms but you have to earn them.

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
Remington declared bankruptcy. Some claim that the lawsuits stemming from Sandyhook help to take them down. Marxist media is unrelenting.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Remington declared bankruptcy. Some claim that the lawsuits stemming from Sandyhook help to take them down. Marxist media is unrelenting.
It's also media portraying that they are out of business, but actually they are just re-forming under a new name.

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
Good to hear that Remington will keep on. I head that NRA donations tripled right after the last school shooting. I hope their membership roles go up to 50 million members.

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
I see ammo prices are starting to creep up. Grrr (get em while their hot) 22 magnum is down to 14.4 according to ammoseek.com
I can remember paying 25 cents per round for 22 magnum. May have to get in front of the next surge.

Davidc

Caulk Sucker
Members
Getting back to the theme of the original post, I agree they overuse the term survivor and hero. That Hogg fellow is no hero marching to take away rights. He's exercising the 1st amendment to take away the 2nd amendment.