Batman v. Superman leaked trailer

O-Tron

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this this morning? I think it looks just simply bad. Superman is supposed to be a bright, shining example, not a fascist. I don't want to be cheering for Lex Luthor. DC is supposed to be the bright universe. Marvel is the one with the dark corners. I want to kick a baby elephant. I'd post it here, but I'm guessing it'll get pulled soon.

So I just watched it. I admit I liked the ending

"Do you bleed? You will."
But I don't get it why do they hate each other? Also come on Superman has super powers, Batman is a rich spoiled brat with alot of money for gadgets that is bent on revenge for the killing of his parents. Like Superman wouldn't beat him. :rolleyes:

So I just watched it. I admit I liked the ending "Do you bleed? You will."
But I don't get it why do they hate each other? Also come on Superman has super powers, Batman is a rich spoiled brat with alot of money for gadgets that is bent on revenge for the killing of his parents. Like Superman wouldn't beat him. :rolleyes: Your perception of Batman is very strange to me....

Your perception of Batman is very strange to me....
Ok then what is Batman's superpower?

The problem is that they make these movies to try to appeal to everyone, not just the comic fans who are used to the original way they are portrayed.

Ok then what is Batman's superpower?
Didn't say he had one... More the "Spoiled brat" of your comment that I would not agree with...

So if kryptonite is Superman's weakness, is wealth Batmans? If he can't afford his toys he is nothing.

The problem is that they make these movies to try to appeal to everyone, not just the comic fans who are used to the original way they are portrayed.
I know that's why the studios do what they're doing, but look at Marvel. Their success has been in large part due to the fact they've stayed true to the characters. Iron Man. Look at the comic. Thor. Look at the comic (outside the Ancient Aliens angle). Captain America, couldn't have made it more like the comic. They even got Arnim Zola right!Back to Superman and Batman. They've lasted for 75 years in their comic book state. I'll admit, Batman is supposed to be darker, and Nolan did a great job of that, but I would argue the Dark Knight trilogy was so great because it felt and looked like Batman jumped off the comic book page.

People might disagree with me, but I loved Man of Steel. It spoke to me in a lot of ways that other movies haven't. Especially the underlying theme of anti-moral relativism. Man of Steel was basically one big movie that scream that there are such things as absolute moral goods and evils. I don't want to see that perverted and corrupted so that we can cheer for Ben Affleck's Batman.

I'm also butt hurt over this movie because DC decided that Cyborg is now a founding member of the Justice League for "diversity's" sake and they bumped Martian Manhunter.

Didn't say he had one... More the "Spoiled brat" of your comment that I would not agree with...
Yeah, the guy's parents died. He was far from spoiled...

I agree that Batman does not have real superpowers in the traditional super hero sense but why do you always call him a spoiled brat @nodle? He isn't spending his money on strippers and yacht parties while he pays Superman to help people.

So you are telling me he doesn't care for anyone and what he does is only about revenge and the people that are helped just luckily happened to be in the right place at the right time while he did what he did for revenge? What about Iron Man? He is the same but without his parents being killed. You are also telling me that it's his fault that he was rich and came into money because of his parents? How dare he be so unlucky to have been born into money. He is such a d-bag.

I agree that Batman does not have real superpowers in the traditional super hero sense but why do you always call him a spoiled brat @nodle? He isn't spending his money on strippers and yacht parties while he pays Superman to help people.So you are telling me he doesn't care for anyone and what he does is only about revenge and the people that are helped just luckily happened to be in the right place at the right time while he did what he did for revenge? What about Iron Man? He is the same but without his parents being killed. You are also telling me that it's his fault that he was rich and came into money because of his parents? How dare he be so unlucky to have been born into money. He is such a d-bag.
I agree with the @C Pav here's. He is not the enemy, @nodle.

He is spoiled because he is rich. Take away his money and he is nothing.

You are also telling me that it's his fault that he was rich and came into money because of his parents?
So why not use that money and make the city a better place instead of spending it on weapons and fancy vehicles?My point is if you are going to be called a "Super Hero" Then you should have a super hero power. Might as well call him what he is "Rich Hero" Besides the only reason he beats him is because he got kryptonite. Everyone knows that the street price of kryptonite is extremely high. So if he wasn't rich he couldn't afford to get his hands on it. All I got to say is it's a good thing Venom don't show up and lay the smack down on both of their asses.

He is spoiled because he is rich. Take away his money and he is nothing.So why not use that money and make the city a better place instead of spending it on weapons and fancy vehicles?
My point is if you are going to be called a "Super Hero" Then you should have a super hero power. Might as well call him what he is "Rich Hero" Besides the only reason he beats him is because he got kryptonite. Everyone knows that the street price of kryptonite is extremely high. So if he wasn't rich he couldn't afford to get his hands on it. All I got to say is it's a good thing Venom don't show up and lay the smack down on both of their asses.
Ummm... Wayne Enterprises invests in Gotham on a regular basis...

Ummm... Wayne Enterprises invests in Gotham on a regular basis...
But where does the money actually go? Last I heard only 20% went to Gotham itself. 50% goes directly to the city staff. Shoot commissioner Gordon is one of the highest paid city officials. Then 20% is just for city cleanup. Have you ever noticed how dark and dirty Gotham is? When was the last time you ever saw a park in Gotham? 10% by itself goes to the power needed to run the bat signal. Do you even realize the power draw on it? Gordan has got in trouble multiple times just for lighting it up to have late night chats with Batman.

I think we have a Scott Steiner mathematician in this thread......

If you take away his money and gadgets, he's still been down in the gutters, knows how to fight, and does so to fight criminals. If it was just for revenge, then why would he go after anyone other than his parents' killer?

Along these lines, how many other "super heros" aren't really heros? @C Pav mentioned, Iron Man - another rich guy putting his money to use making devices so he can fight crime. How many others in Avengers alone don't really have a "super power"?

If you take away his money and gadgets, he's still been down in the gutters, knows how to fight, and does so to fight criminals. If it was just for revenge, then why would he go after anyone other than his parents' killer?Along these lines, how many other "super heros" aren't really heros? @C Pav mentioned, Iron Man - another rich guy putting his money to use making devices so he can fight crime. How many others in Avengers alone don't really have a "super power"?
I can agree @ndboarder . I mean Hawkeye? A guy that is a good archer? Black Widow? Just a hot chick in a tight leather outfit. What's up with that?

I can agree @ndboarder . I mean Hawkeye? A guy that is a good archer? Black Widow? Just a hot chick in a tight leather outfit. What's up with that?
What's the problem?

Back