Facebook to Acquire Oculus

I didn't fully catch up on this, but saw some articles about it. Read that Notch is cancelling plans to make an Oculus Rift version of Minecraft.

Man I can't believe the uproar over this. This single handily destroyed this company. So glad I never put stock into it. Major video companies had plans to do business with them too.

We were in talks about maybe bringing a version of Minecraft to Oculus. I just cancelled that deal. Facebook creeps me out.
Alot of people are talking about it because they want your retina scans, just like they did with their face recognition software on facebook. Remember what he said one time:78MCMXg.jpg
They are up in flames over it:

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus

I'm just sad to see something like this get ruined. It had alot going for it. Rumor is that valve is still developing one, so there is hope there. But sounds like these guys just sold for money which is a sad thing. Someone was actually doing it right.

I'm just sad to see something like this get ruined. It had alot going for it. Rumor is that valve is still developing one, so there is hope there. But sounds like these guys just sold for money which is a sad thing. Someone was actually doing it right.
The creator is a 21 year old kid. 2 Billion dollars? Yup I'm selling too.

Are there any types of implications on this? I can see where backers of the Kickstarter that started the project are pissed. They were looking for a gaming device and helped launch the business. Now the product will never really see the light of day as the backers intended and won't be what they invested in.

Now those at Oculus VR will be making boatloads off the money of their "investors" and the product those investors expected to receive in return may not be what they expected.

The creator is a 21 year old kid. 2 Billion dollars? Yup I'm selling too.
Ya this basically sums it up. That would be hard to pass by.

WybBKlz.gif

So this got me thinking. I think Microsoft owns quit a large portion of Facebook. So how long till we see this come to the Xbox one?

Zenimax sues Oculus VR

Oculus VR and its founder Palmer Luckey has been sued by ZeniMax Media and id Software over claims it illegally misappropriated the company's trade secrets. The lawsuit, which was filed in a Texas court today, accuses Palmer and company of breaching contract, and unfair competition.
http://www.theverge.com/2014/5/21/57...nd-id-software

Back