Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

Old English furniture scratch cover

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
So me and my wife went antique shopping the other day and found an awesome desk from 1920 that was in really good shape. It had a couple of scratches here and there, but for being from that area it was in mint condition. I came home that evening and tried some sprays etc. to clean it but something in the back of my head kept reminding me of what I saw in the stores. So I ran out that evening and found some. I picked it up for dark wood, even though they make it for light woods also. Make sure to wear some gloves also using it since I believe it has a slight stain embedded with it. Anyways what a great miracle product. I was amazed on not only how it covered up the scratches but how it just brought life back into the piece. The whole desk has a glow to it now. I was really impressed with the product. 

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
This was the "before". We literally found it in an old warehouse upstairs in the corner in the cold. Not to bad of shape from being from the 1920s. The inside mechanism is amazing how it works. I don't even think they could make something like this these days. All the parts are in mint and it even has the original key. All the locks work flawless. Found some neat stuff hidden inside like some old stamps. An old postcard. Even a old ticket stub for a drawing of 50 silver coins from 1964. I'll try to get an "after" picture for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I would like to take a trip back to that place. Found an amazing old pinball machine hidden upstairs. They also had an awesome bed frame and old antique cedar chest with hand carved wood. This was all that we could fit in the car at the time and I didn't want to leave without it.