Air travel

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have your views on flying changed over the years because of 911? I see all these new X-ray machines they are using, random checks, take off your shoes etc. Is it becoming such a hassle anymore that people would rather drive than fly? I know i would. I know they say it's for our safety, but when does that cross the line into our privacy? This world is turning into such a police state.  :smt011

I'd still rather fly any great distance.  It's faster, and with gas prices, probably cheaper.  The security has risen some, but unless you look suspicious things haven't changed much, at least the hadn't when we flew to Jamaica last summer.  Some of it can be a hassle, but it wasn't so horrible.  I guess any time I've flown, b4 or after 9/11 I had to take off shoes and such things for metal detectors. Anyhow... others views?

I'd still rather fly any great distance.  It's faster, and with gas prices, probably cheaper.  The security has risen some, but unless you look suspicious things haven't changed much, at least the hadn't when we flew to Jamaica last summer.  Some of it can be a hassle, but it wasn't so horrible.  I guess any time I've flown, b4 or after 9/11 I had to take off shoes and such things for metal detectors. Anyhow... others views?
I don't know about the gas thing. It seems like airlines have raised their prices to compensate for not as many people flying anymore. I guess it depends on where you are going first of. I don't know if it is so much the security as it just aggravates me to watch people sit back and lose their privacy like they do. I know i argue with my mom about this subject all the time. She always say "nothing to fear nothing to hide". Which i agree to a point. But in the meantime we lose more and more privacy and when you don't have any left they will be the first ones to complain. To me if the government was doing there job then we wouldn't have need for this type of stuff. To me it's nothing more than a cover up to take away privacy more and more.

I'd rather drive to anyplace that's reachable by car.  I love driving, and I love covering great distances in record time  :smt023 :smt023  I could careless what the price of gas is.

I'd rather drive to anyplace that's reachable by car.  I love driving, and I love covering great distances in record time  :smt023 :smt023  I could careless what the price of gas is.
Your trip to big D comes to mind.  My goodness.

Grand Forks to Dallas in 16 hours!

Grand Forks to Dallas in 16 hours!
Wow! You'll need a pilots license at those speeds. You make us proud sir.

Ya this will make me want to fly even more  :roll:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17484546/

Customers will still be allowed one carry-on bag for free, but one or two checked bags will cost $5 each if passengers make flight reservations on the carriers Web site. The fee will be $10 each for one or two bags if passengers dont use the Web site for reservations. The charge is $100 for the third bag and on.
Also starting June 20, soft drinks, juices, coffee and tea which are now free will cost $1. Water will still be free.

the worst part is their complete disreguard for their passengers... my dad and I were heading down to Phoenix for his heart surgery a few weeks ago, which was the next morning btw and we had to make it...

we were all on the plane, taxi'ing... the captain says we're having minor difficulties and that the crew is gonna take a look. Then he says a part's broken and they have to fix it. Then, 20 MINUTES LATER he says, "Sorry but the part we need isn't anywhere in Salt Lake City and we can't get it." So they push us off the flight and we're scrambling trying to find another plane to Phoenix with all the other Delta ladies, and they all basically tell us tough luck. We spend about 2 hours in the airport trying to see what we can do, then, we go to the other end of the airport because my dad found a lady there that might be able to sneak us on a flight pending other people who are running late don't make it. Then as we're about to find out if we can get on that one, we get word from the Delta lady that they found another flight for the Phoenix people BACK AT THE OTHER END OF THE AIRPORT. So my dad, who is suffering from heart problems, and I start running through the gdamned airport, pushing people out of the way, dodging in and out. We get there RIGHT before they take off and they tell us we just made it. Worst flying experience of my life. The worst part is that they didn't tell the Phoenix people who got bumped anything. They didn't say wait around or we'll call you if something comes up. They just told us tough shit.

I hate airports

the worst part is their complete disreguard for their passengers... my dad and I were heading down to Phoenix for his heart surgery a few weeks ago, which was the next morning btw and we had to make it...we were all on the plane, taxi'ing... the captain says we're having minor difficulties and that the crew is gonna take a look. Then he says a part's broken and they have to fix it. Then, 20 MINUTES LATER he says, "Sorry but the part we need isn't anywhere in Salt Lake City and we can't get it." So they push us off the flight and we're scrambling trying to find another plane to Phoenix with all the other Delta ladies, and they all basically tell us tough luck. We spend about 2 hours in the airport trying to see what we can do, then, we go to the other end of the airport because my dad found a lady there that might be able to sneak us on a flight pending other people who are running late don't make it. Then as we're about to find out if we can get on that one, we get word from the Delta lady that they found another flight for the Phoenix people BACK AT THE OTHER END OF THE AIRPORT. So my dad, who is suffering from heart problems, and I start running through the gdamned airport, pushing people out of the way, dodging in and out. We get there RIGHT before they take off and they tell us we just made it. Worst flying experience of my life. The worst part is that they didn't tell the Phoenix people who got bumped anything. They didn't say wait around or we'll call you if something comes up. They just told us tough shit.
I hate airports
Crazy, how's pa doing anyways better?

the worst part is their complete disreguard for their passengers... my dad and I were heading down to Phoenix for his heart surgery a few weeks ago, which was the next morning btw and we had to make it...we were all on the plane, taxi'ing... the captain says we're having minor difficulties and that the crew is gonna take a look. Then he says a part's broken and they have to fix it. Then, 20 MINUTES LATER he says, "Sorry but the part we need isn't anywhere in Salt Lake City and we can't get it." So they push us off the flight and we're scrambling trying to find another plane to Phoenix with all the other Delta ladies, and they all basically tell us tough luck. We spend about 2 hours in the airport trying to see what we can do, then, we go to the other end of the airport because my dad found a lady there that might be able to sneak us on a flight pending other people who are running late don't make it. Then as we're about to find out if we can get on that one, we get word from the Delta lady that they found another flight for the Phoenix people BACK AT THE OTHER END OF THE AIRPORT. So my dad, who is suffering from heart problems, and I start running through the gdamned airport, pushing people out of the way, dodging in and out. We get there RIGHT before they take off and they tell us we just made it. Worst flying experience of my life. The worst part is that they didn't tell the Phoenix people who got bumped anything. They didn't say wait around or we'll call you if something comes up. They just told us tough shit.
I hate airports
That is really gay.  I don't mind the flying part but I agree, airports blow.  Everything is such a cluster f@&$ if a flight gets delayed. 

yep definitely

pretty dumb/frustrating

dad's doing ok, having other problems, but none health-related so we got that taken care of ;)

Back