Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

Ok let's hash this out. Will Russia invade? The start of WW3?

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Ok let's get this going. Let talk about what would happen who would win etc.

It's U.S.A vs. Russia time!

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Ok I'll start us off. We all know about the warm water ports Russia wants not including the pipeline. I also heard that we signed a treaty with the country in 1985 if they would get rid of their 2500 nukes that they had we would come to their defense in the time of need. So we are a little obligated to react. Now according to @jmanz the U.S.A would destroy them. I think with Russia anymore they are at least even with us. No longer are they the cold war 1980's era Russia.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I also find it strange that just a week ago a Russian military class spy ship docks in Cuba. This is strategy. If you all don't remember the whole JFK incident we almost went to war once because Russia was sending nukes to Cuba. They are very good friends with the country. Speaking of countries lets also discuss Russia's friends. China, Iran, and North Korea. Yesterday because of our war games down in South Korea, they launched two more missiles in the sea. This makes 4 recently. There were two more that were launched in the sea the previous week when the war games started. Then there is our military. Just last week the Pentagon announced plans to cut the military the most they seen since WWII. PLus are troops are stretched all over the place. South Korea at the moment. Afghanistan etc. Then there is the whole moral issue with our military. When the two previously World Wars happend people loved this country and would willingly lay down their lives for that flag. How many would still do the same this day if it came down to it. Just last week I saw a thing where soldiers were posting picture of themselves on Twitter not saluting the flag and mocking it. Shoot you don't even have to say the pledge in school this day and age and you think this new era of soldiers are going to give up their lives for this country? Then there are also the ground troops. Russia has tons. Shoot China I believe have more people in their little country than we do in the entire U.S.A.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Oh another thing Russia still sees this as legal since that president came over to Russia to hide they still see him in power and he is requesting help. That is why their Parliament gave the ok. To them everything their doing is legal. I think they are going to invade (yes I really do) and John Kerry ain't gonna make a hill of beans about being over. I also think Obama is going to back down. Putin knows that he ain't gonna do anything.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Either way our economy and country can't handle another war. We are riding on a thread as is, and our country is to lazy. Shoot we couldn't handle Katrina and the 2 inches of snow the south got twice this year.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
CNNBreaking: Russia gives ultimatum to Ukrainian forces in Crimea: Clear out within 11 hours or face 'military storm,' Russian state media report.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Russia Demands Two Ukraine Warships Surrender, Or Else

Ukraine says Russian forces controlling the strategic region of Crimea are demanding that the crew of two Ukrainian warships must surrender, the Associated Press reported Monday.
Ukrainian Defense Ministry spokesman Maksim Prauta said four Russian navy ships were blocking Ukraine's anti-submarine warship Ternopil and the command ship Slavutych in Sevastopol's harbor.

He said the Russians ordered the crew to surrender within the hour or face Russians storming and seizing the ships and crew.

Reuters subsequently reported that the Russian Black Sea fleet says it has no plans to launch an assault on Ukrainian military units in Crimea.

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
I'm going to make this short and sweet. I don't want a war, but if it were a full on war with just us and just them, we would win. Wars are fought through the air and no other country can match the sheer volume air units that we have. Don't get me wrong, Russia is very formidable and I'm not saying they are a joke by any means. Here is a cool website that breaks it down.

http://www.globalfirepower.com/

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Ok well we have the f35 that is having all sorts of mechanical and fighter pilot problems. This is our new fighter jet. Then there is the Russian version.

Russia’s Stealth Fighter Could Outfly, Outshoot American Jets

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/11/russia-stealth/

Russia’s Stealth Fighter Could Match U.S. Jets, Analyst Says

Next lets talk about their GPS system - way more accurate than ours. I liked your link @jmanz . But there is one thing your not gonna find on that chart or anywhere else. Ready for your Tinfoil hat? How about all the weapons floating in space? Plus all the secret weapons both sides have. But I really do believe that those would be saved till the end. I think Putin is gonna do this. I don't think it will be a full blown huge nuclear war at first. Notice how I said "at first". It really depends on how nasty each sides want to play. Then we can get into China's secret underground weaponry etc.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I am just surprised how fast this is all happened. Shoot the Olympics just got over. But with all the buzz all over then net and peoples comments I can tell you whatever friendly ties we had are long gone no matter what become of this. But I can hear the War Drums pounding.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Russia deploys 3500 troops and heavy equipment on Batlic coast in Kaliningrad Oblat near Polish and Lithuanian borders

More than 3,5 thousand troops of Russian Baltic Fleet have started maneouvers, says Polish Radio.
Unexpected military drill is going to take place on land. Tanks T-72 and armored vehicles BMP-2 will participate in it. Soldiers are going to train offensive and defensive operations as well as bulding trenches.

Lithuanian governemt is concerned - president Dalia Grybauskaite said that "my country is ready for every option and surprises from Russia". She added that because of the military drill in Kaliningrad Oblat "Lithuanian army will be set in higher military readiness level".

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Breaking:

Obama Says Russia's Action in Ukraine Violates International Law

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Members
Here's my question, why do so many countries hate us and why do we hate them? I don't see any reason to hate Russia and so many of the other countries we seem to not get along with. I can see North Korea and countries with extreme leadership but countries like Russia we should try and be friendly with. I know they have a different way of life but if we would let them live their way then things would be a whole lot better....well in a sense. I know we have to flex our muscle a little to at least not be attacked or pushed around but it seems we do it in the wrong ways.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
No countries respect us. At one time people feared America. When I say fear I mean respect. We were a force not to be reckoned with. Our military and our economy. Every country envied and wanted to be like us. Skip forward to this day and age. We now borrow and are in debt up to our elbows from other countries. I believe as in Russia case when they view America they see a country with a weak president and a country full of gays. This isn't the Regan era when an act like this would had been dealt with force to put them back in their place. We will just say don't or we will just put sanctions on you. They no longer fear us.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Oh by the way get ready for some outrageous gas prices. But Gold is up.

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
Nodle gets himself all psyched up cause he thinks he won't have to go to work anymore if there is a war.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Nodle gets himself all psyched up cause he thinks he won't have to go to work anymore if there is a war.
LMAO dam dude you know me waaayyy to well. Is it wrong for me to hate my job so much that I hope that war and lives will be lost to get me out of it? :(