Black Friday

You are correct sir. It's a bait and scam system. Each store gets a small quanity so they can say that they "have" them. Then most of the employees hide them in back for themselves or thier friends. Trust me I know.

My wife went to Walmart last night for the heck of it to see what walmart was like at 10pm. She walked in and turned right back around after seeing the lines and angry/upset people.

:unsure: Welp, I just pulled the trigger on the Vizio 60" slim LED Smart TV. I feel ripped off I didn't get the $300 off, but there's a 14 day price guanantee from Amazon, hopefully it goes cheaper and I can claim the difference. This set has been getting good reviews, has lots of features, and is the super slim design (not that that matters in the end I guess).

http://www.amazon.co...d=ATVPDKIKX0DER

We have two Vizios and are still going strong.

Whenever I speak to someone that has a Vizio, I try to lead them....and this is shitty, to say something that they don't like about it. Everyone has been quite satisfied with their Vizio's

As a practical matter, I followed your link to your Vizio you bought and I am keen to hear what you think about the amazon app. I have an amazon app via the yahoo widget on my samsung, and I am not impressed by the amount of compression on the video.

Honestly I really have nothing to complain about it does everything that it says it does. Picture looks great apps look great. Would buy more Vizios in a sec.

Good to hear the positive experiences. I'll be curious to use the apps and see what they are about. Has anyone here tried calibrations for their TVs? If you search around, most HDTVs have a custom calibration setting that enhances the picture for optimal performance. On amazon, I found one for the one I got and can't wait to try it out to compare the difference.

Has anyone here tried calibrations for their TVs? If you search around, most HDTVs have a custom calibration setting that enhances the picture for optimal performance.
I used the settings from avsforum.com for my TV. I am trying to remember if I had to set it up for each input. Our TV is in the front room there are a lot of windows, the lights are in a weird place, I think its a wash. YMMV

2 of the 5 cds I ordered came in the cheap cardboard case, the others haven't arrived. Not too impressed. With that sort of packaging, they should only cost $5. *shrug*

Any better luck during "Cyber Monday?" Not for me.

Nope didn't see anything good really, was kinda a letdown.

Cyber Monday was pretty much crap. Supposed to be the biggest online sale day for the holiday but to me seemed like biggest letdown of the holiday. All the online deals that were worth trying to get were Wednesday through Saturday.

Did anyone go out this year?

Last edited by a moderator:
QgRvurq.gif

EhUlwqF.gif

I went to one store later Friday afternoon. It wasn't much busier at that time than about any other day. Picked up a couple Harmony 700 remotes at a steep discount.

I did not go out but from what I saw, places were busier on Thanksgiving. I looked through a Walmart circular and I'd say that 75-80 percent of the deals were on Thanksgiving Day rather than Black Friday.

We went out to Manards on Saturday and they still had their Black Friday sales going on. It was nice because we didn't have to go through the craziness but still got the deals. Picked up a new office chair and some parts for my air compressor.

From what I read, Black Friday didn't go over very well this year.

Back