Oil bust inevitable

ryanator

Mathematical
Sep 20, 2007
I haven't seen two oil price drops close together like that in a while. While there are analysts on both sides of what the future holds (big gains or losses to come), it's all based on what will happen with OPEC and international relations and politics. Trump has always wanted the prices to be low, so he may be tilting his leverage to get the prices lower. There's also a big over supply of oil that was created again from the last oil rally in the last year. On the other side, you keep hearing about OPEC possibly putting caps on oil production which will make the prices higher. All comes down to how things play out.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Staff member
Apr 27, 2006
So I am interested in Qatar leaving Opec. So Opec is basically a big mafia that controls oil and it's prices correct? So if companies start to leave it and then say start their own Opec or just sell on their own, wouldn't this be a positive thing for us as consumers? I mean competition is always good and they would have to lower their prices to compete. Correct?

nodle

Cheesemonger
Staff member
Apr 27, 2006
The Golden State’s Building Standards Commission has approved legislation that requires any California home built in 2020 or later be solar powered. "Energy officials estimated the provisions will add $10,000 to the cost of building a single-family home, about $8,400 from adding solar and about $1,500 for making homes more energy-efficient. But those costs would be offset by lower utility bills over the 30-year lifespan of the solar panels."