All things related to Nintendo platforms

I have to admit, maybe Nintendo did win E3.

But in a survey published by IHS Technology and Gamer Network this week, consumers showed a 50% increase in "purchasing intent" for the Wii U, after a wonderful showing at the E3 games event in Los Angeles.And then there's Mario Kart 8, easily a game of the year contender with half the year to go. It is a sublime and inventive addition to a much-loved series, combining all the traits we have come to expect from top line Nintendo-developed titles: accessibility, variety and depth.The key thing is that there's not much coming from the other "next-gen" consoles to counter Mario Kart 8 this summer. There will be a few interesting digital-only releases, but the mainstream schedule is, as usual, a wasteland until September.

This gives Nintendo several weeks to really push the Wii U, centred on Mario Kart 8, but also reminding people about a back catalogue that, while hardly an embarrassment of riches, is certainly not an actual embarrassment. Super Mario 3D World, Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101 and Lego City Undercover are all there to be discovered.

Nintendo is even trying to improve the Wii U's online functionality. A new update allows players to finally transfer data and accounts from one machine to another, and to navigate more easily to the eShop digital store.
Source

I hope Nintendo does well, sad to see what has happened to them the last several years. Nothing wrong with having a few options for gamers. Once the other consoles hit their strides though, I dunno.

Problem is it's easy to increase interest by 50% when interest before was low. Look at it like this. Say 100 people were question about the Wii U. Before only 50 of them wanted the system but afterwards 75 did. There is your 50%...I think. Maybe my math is wrong. Anyway look at the other systems. They have an initial interest base already with numbers in the millions so getting a big number to change after some showing is a little harder. Make sense? Besides we don't know where this number is coing from or how they generated/studied/came to it. There are so many that were just waiting to buy when more games came out or similar.

I still find it funny reading post of people that own all three system and still the Wii U is their favorite.

I still find it funny reading post of people that own all three system and still the Wii U is their favorite.
Here we go............... :rolleyes:

Are you reading reviews from 12 year olds that aren't allowed to play anything other than Mario?

Wii U is undeniably the least desirable of currently available consoles. So many big game studios won't even make games for it. Aside from the few Nintendo made games, there's nothing.

Aside from a few Mario / Donkey Kong games, for what reason would someone want it?

I would just it, just for those exclusives, but I have a big enough backlog without adding another console...

I'll counter my own argument here. What I said I think hold true if you do not own any of the new consoles, in that case the Wii U is at the bottom of the list (unless all you want to play are Mario games).

If you already own an Xbox One or PS4, then that may not be true. After all, you already have one of the consoles that most games are going to be available on, and adding a second console is going to just be about exclusives for the most part anyway.

Being an X1 owner, I would have to decide whether I'd rather have the Nintendo exclusives or the PS4 exclusives. In which case it would be tougher to rule out the Wii U

You got to remember it might not have the power like other consoles but it makes up for that with "fun" games. I was watching reviews on Youtube last night and still people that own all three their favorite console of this generation is the wii u. I really like how you can be playing a game, go into the menu and basically it has it's own forum for that game with people willing to help etc.

There are "fun" games on all the consoles. If someone owns all three, and they prefer the Wii U, then they prefer Mario games over other games. Mario games are fun, but I'd still want something with games like Assassins Creed, Call of Duty, sports games (Madden, NHL, etc, etc) and so on. That's me, and everyone has their own preferences. For every one you tube or review you can find that it's there favorite, you can find one where it is not. You only find what you look for....

My time constraints is what I am running into. With a kid I am having a harder time being able to play games. I want to, but I am finding my self being pulled upstairs more and more. Another plus about the wii u is I could take it upstairs with me.

My time constraints is what I am running into. With a kid I am having a harder time being able to play games. I want to, but I am finding my self being pulled upstairs more and more. Another plus about the wii u is I could take it upstairs with me.
If all you really want is the handheld....get a 3DS.

What, the wife is FINALLY cracking the whip on you???

What, the wife is FINALLY cracking the whip on you???
I made it longer than you.

I guess another big seller is their virtual console. Such a craving to play the original Zelda.

I guess another big seller is their virtual console. Such a craving to play the original Zelda.
That right there is a big reason it's awesome for old school Nintendo fans. I think you know what you must do....

That right there is a big reason it's awesome for old school Nintendo fans. I think you know what you must do....
Get an Xbox?

I love Zelda games. Can't argue against it really. I wouldn't say that the system is better than the PS4 or Xbox though. Kind of a different breed there. But yeah Zelda, Mario Kart, etc would be fun!

Back