Apple products and their iOS

Sounds more like a sign someone is playing too many games or watching too many vids at work
I take offensive to this! But maybe

12.1 is out for those that haven't done it.

Basically the cause of the whole market today is because the new Iphones aren't selling that well. Well sooner or later people will be satisfied with the speed etc. of their phone and they won't have a reason to upgrade or may skip some generations. This is pretty common sense. Unless you come out with some ground breaking features people are going to get bored.

Plus when looking at 1000+ price for a phone it's a big turn off for generally minor hardware upgrades. Most people can't afford that, aside from the payment plan options, but cell plans are expensive too. Adding another $40+ per phone to the monthly bill hurts enough to make people double think new phones as well.

They have a "budget" option, but I think people look at that as the phone they don't really want. It's the low end phone and it's still something like $700, so on monthly plans it isn't that big of a difference.

Basically the cause of the whole market today is because the new Iphones aren't selling that well. Well sooner or later people will be satisfied with the speed etc. of their phone and they won't have a reason to upgrade or may skip some generations. This is pretty common sense. Unless you come out with some ground breaking features people are going to get bored.
A lot more to today's market action than just Apple.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/12/dont-blame-mondays-market-rout-entirely-on-apple-global-growth-and-the-fed-are-issues.html

After reading about the Iphone XR, I am wondering if I should go this route over an XS, in some ways it's actually better and cheaper.

After reading about the Iphone XR, I am wondering if I should go this route over an XS, in some ways it's actually better and cheaper.
By all means save some money if you want a new phone and don't care about the differences, but I'm pretty sure price is the only place the Xr beats the Xs. Quickly looking, I guess the only thing is it has a slightly bigger screen, but it's an LCD at lower resolution compared to an OLED with much higher resolution. Xr isn't even 1080p

Ya I have been watching Youtube videos on the differences, and in fact in some way it's even better. You can do a lot with an extra $250.

Well I went down to the Verizon phone and took a look at the XR and talked to the people, she said all they sell is XRs anymore. I really liked the screen, it sat next to a XS and I couldn't even tell the difference, in fact I almost liked the screen better. So ya I am sold. :)

in fact in some way it's even better
Can you name them? I don't feel like watching any videos. On paper, that's a false statement, there is not one single spot I can see in comparisons where the XR has any kind of hardware that is better than what would be found in the higher end models. Being cheaper is the only plus - and that is great if you don't need the extras - but calling it better just because is pointless. It's like getting a car, or getting the exact same car with a performance package - the base model is in no way superior or better, but it costs less. Nothing wrong with getting the base model and saving money when you just need to get from point A to point B.

Can you name them?
Sure I can go get the tech specs as well since the videos show them on Apple's page. For one bonus I guess is it is larger than the XS, not really an improvement but it is to some. The next is the extra 1.5 extra hour of battery life compared to the XS (due to not having to power the OLED screen) test show an average of 3 hours longer in real world tests. The next is the camera, since it does portrait mode but not in wide angle, most of the Youtube videos say it actual does portrait mode better. When running a cpu benchmark as posted in one of the videos above the XR actually ran the CPU fast than the XS or MAX. Even though all 3 run the same cpu. Some Youtube videos are showing it's more crack resistant on drops as well (but this could all be at what angle so doesn't really mean anything). Oh almost forgot one more plus... you save $250 dollars.

Hey, my car remark was pretty spot on. You save money and get better gas mileage (battery life) since you have the lower end components to power. Performance parts use more fuel. The screen is a bit bigger, but it's a lower resolution (below 1080p) as well. I suppose when battery is a concern that helps a bit too, since any content streaming will probably be a lower res coming though

I'm not arguing that it would be an upgrade, and I've said saving money is great.

Of course it's their top seller since it launched. It's the newest phone, so people that wanted it are buying it. People that wanted the phones that came out before it already bought them. Also, people are starting to realize how expensive their phones are even if they pay the monthly add-ons to phone plans, so it may continue to be a top seller.

What I"m saying is that the Xr is not a better phone than the others. I'm sure it is a perfectly good phone, but the only "wins" it has are really just side effects of it being made using cheaper components and it's slightly bigger size. Slightly bigger battery + older screen tech + roughly half the pixels to render = better battery life.

Also, people are starting to realize how expensive their phones are even if they pay the monthly add-ons to phone plans, so it may continue to be a top seller.
I totally agree with this statement. I think people finally got burnt out on Apple's high prices. Yes there will always be Apple fan boys, but I believe people have a set mindset on how much they want to pay for a phone, and Apple went overboard the last couple of models. I will also agree with you, the XS is the better phone, but you have to ask yourself "is it really worth the extra money"? For me and me reading and playing with it at the store, no.Just ordered:

apple-iphone-xr-a2108.jpg

You know I have to give it to Apple, I haven't been around their new iOS setup, but it's kinda like their Apple watch setup. I setup my wife's new ipad, and it was pretty neat how all you have to do is have the devices within proximity of each other and it pulls everything over.

You know I have to give it to Apple, I haven't been around their new iOS setup, but it's kinda like their Apple watch setup. I setup my wife's new ipad, and it was pretty neat how all you have to do is have the devices within proximity of each other and it pulls everything over.
It's a handy process. I've gone through it with devices for a few people. It's usually pretty seamless, but it pulls things over from a backup and the devices have to be on the same iOS version for it to work. There's no good way to get in to apply updates before restoring though, so if your devices are off because one is older than another or one is enrolled in iOS betas and the other isn't, you have to do a regular setup to be able to apply updates to get to a matching version and then do a full reset and go through the process at least 2 times to really get things moved.
A long way of saying it could be improved by adding a check for OS updates early on in the setup process.

So got the new phone, took a shower, put on the most perfect piece of glass I have ever installed, and.... the phone won't turn on. I though hmmm strange, they normally come somewhat with power, plugged in charged for an hour, then tried different charger, tried the volume up/down trick nothing, contacted support they told me to take down to Verizon store and they should swap. Aggravates me because the glass was perfect. :mad: :cry:

Back