Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

Obama owns stock in firearms makers

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Barack Obama might seem an unlikely investor in the firearms industry. But the U.S. president, a fierce advocate for gun regulation, has money in a pension fund that holds stock in gun and ammunition companies.
Source

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
So?   I highly doubt he really controls what stocks are part of the fund.  Like if you are setting up 401k contributions - most people just pick distribution to one or more funds with a target retirement date in mind - they don't individually control what is purchased behind the scenes in the funds

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
So?   I highly doubt he really controls what stocks are part of the fund.  Like if you are setting up 401k contributions - most people just pick distribution to one or more funds with a target retirement date in mind - they don't individually control what is purchased behind the scenes in the funds
Well If I was against something. Truly against something. I would make sure that not a penny went into it. I think especially in his position that he would have the power to say "I don't want a dime going towards it and it wouldn't". But lets face it, he knows that because of his actions his stock will rise. It's where the money is.

ryanator

Mathematical
Members
His pension and future retirement is highly dependable on the dozens of secret service agents with guns protecting him.

Last edited by a moderator: