Collections

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone collect things or use to collect things?

I use to collect comic books when i was younger, and rocks. I guess music nowadays. Oh and computers lol.

Really? lol I think my sister did too. Oh and i can't forget Garbage Pail Kids cards. Still have a box full somewhere.

Baseball/football/basketball cards count? Used to collect when I was younger.

Last edited by a moderator:
My sister has a huge photo album with tons of basketball cards. Mainly Michael Jordan and the bulls.

My sister has a huge photo album with tons of basketball cards. Mainly Michael Jordan and the bulls.
she'll want to keep those in good shape....they'll be worth real nice money some day.

I believe Corey use to collect tons of cards too. Plus his huge collection of video games.

Baseball/football/basketball cards count?  Used to collect when I was younger.
I did the basketball cards at one time, and a little baseball.  They are still laying around somewwere I think, and I was also into Magic (a collectible card game) at one point as well.

I believe Corey use to collect tons of cards too. Plus his huge collection of video games.
That is correct sir!

I did the basketball cards at one time, and a little baseball.  They are still laying around somewwere I think, and I was also into Magic (a collectible card game) at one point as well.
Ya i had a few magic collections myself. Those cards were quite spendy! I gave them all away along time ago though.

I did the basketball cards at one time, and a little baseball.  They are still laying around somewwere I think, and I was also into Magic (a collectible card game) at one point as well.
Ya i had a few magic collections myself. Those cards were quite spendy! I gave them all away along time ago though.
I still have mine laying around, but i doubt I would remember how to play it at all

Baseball cards, foriegn coins, and 50 cent pieces.

Reviving this old thread.

I collected a lot of sports cards myself. Have been going through them recently, but when I started collecting in the early 90's, my oldest ones are the overproduced era of cards (86-92 generally with a few exceptions). I was a big Frank Thomas and Hakeem Olajuwon fan. My biggest card pull and still remember the lottery magic feel was pulling a Frank Thomas insert worth $70 out of a single pack I bought at a grocery store. I was only 12, my heart jumped and I ran around the house in excitement and yelling what I got. That was why I bought them in the first place, the feeling of getting your favorite player or a great card.

Of course, I still like to make my dad remember selling his 1950's collection of baseball cards in the 70's for nothing. ...Mantle's worth thousands today.

I collect diecast military aircrafts and... spoons.

Cpav, are you collecting sports cards currently? Saw you comment to that sports card place in Bis. Might check that place out sometime for the heck of it. Seems like cards are making a comeback with some of the inserts and stuff. Big money cards.

Cpav, are you collecting sports cards currently? Saw you comment to that sports card place in Bis. Might check that place out sometime for the heck of it. Seems like cards are making a comeback with some of the inserts and stuff. Big money cards.
Yeah I am sort of itching to get back into it. Son is into Pokemon so I am kind of buying some baseball stuff again. Picked up some cheaper White Sox cards from there and a few cheap boxes from walmart recently. Bowman just came out yesterday so bought 2 hobby boxes of that. Supposed to be the hot item for up and coming rookies and prospects with some being worth a pretty big amount. Not cheap though. I paid like 140 a box. The boxes of jumbo of that cost 300. Sheesh but that's nothing compared to some of the heavier hitting stuff yet to release.
Anyway, kind of looking to continue adding to my Frank Thomas collection.

Yeah I am sort of itching to get back into it. Son is into Pokemon so I am kind of buying some baseball stuff again. Picked up some cheaper White Sox cards from there and a few cheap boxes from walmart recently. Bowman just came out yesterday so bought 2 hobby boxes of that. Supposed to be the hot item for up and coming rookies and prospects with some being worth a pretty big amount. Not cheap though. I paid like 140 a box. The boxes of jumbo of that cost 300. Sheesh but that's nothing compared to some of the heavier hitting stuff yet to release.Anyway, kind of looking to continue adding to my Frank Thomas collection.
Did those come with autograph cards? If so, who did you get?

Did those come with autograph cards? If so, who did you get?
Didn't get them yet. He is mailing them so since ddi not get today will get them probably Monday. Knowing my luck will get worthless hits. The addict in me wants a case or 2.

Back