Apple products and their iOS

log calories since a fatty,
LMAO!Ya I need to just go through my settings. I know there is a portion that shows what is using the most battery. I like some of the darker fonts like on the dial screen. There is one big change that I have noticed. That is the clarity of my calls. I first noticed this yesterday when I made a call to a dealer, I thought man they sound crisp. Then I talked to my wife today and there was a big change, normally I can't even understand her, but today she was clean a crisp. I wonder if there was a change?

I put the update on late last night. Will report back after a full day of use. I like some of the storage cleanup features on first glance.

I put the update on late last night. Will report back after a full day of use. I like some of the storage cleanup features on first glance.
You probably wont make it back to post after your battery runs out.

Okay the slow down is now kicking in and battery draining like a piece of junk. They must give false hope the first day and the real "features" kick in after the initial first day use.

So far the battery life has been I would say just slightly worse. About a percent or two difference (worse) after the update as of about 12:30. I tried to keep the usage about the same to get an accurate test. Not as bad as I was expecting so far.

Ya I just found the spot that @C Pav talked about with messages over 1 year old and the app saving setting also, I saved about 2gigs.

Another patch came out a few days ago btw.

New Iphone update out.

11.1.1 update out.

I'm a little late (been out of town) but there is a new update out.

Sue those fruit shaped shoe shiners to high heaven!

Last edited by a moderator:
Apple just published a letter to customersapologizing for the “misunderstanding” around older iPhones being slowed down, following its recent admission that it was, in fact, slowing down older phones in order to compensate for degrading batteries. “We know that some of you feel Apple has let you down,” says the company. “We apologize.”Apple says in its letter that batteries are “consumable components,” and is offering anyone with an iPhone 6 or later a battery replacement for $29 starting in late January through December 2018 — a discount of $50 from the usual replacement cost. Apple’s also promising to add features to iOS that provide more information about the battery health in early 2018, so that users are aware of when their batteries are no longer capable of supporting maximum phone performance.
Source

Apple is pathetic.  How about they don't enable all the crappy features which degrade the battery and slow down the phone and not make people seems in their phone for a cost at all.

They carefully played this by wording it in such a passive way and still puts it on the peasant consumer.

So speaking of Apple, I got to see a Iphone X up close and personal. I'm sorry I didn't care for it. I asked well what about not having a home button and the way you had to swipe was dumb. I'm sorry at this point I will still with a button and I would choose a Iphone 8 over the 10 even if they were the same cost. Some people might like it but i will go a standard 8.

Seems like all the millionaires members around here are picking up Iphone Xs.

Seems like all the millionaires members around here are picking up Iphone Xs.
Have to have the latest and greatest you know!!!Let me tell you about the button you say you can't do without. Here is my experience. Setup finger print to unlock. Sometimes it likes to unlock...SOMETIMES, other times it takes 3 tries then if still doesn't like it I have to type in my code. I do like it for accessing my bank account though. Then let's talk using it for Siri. I really only use that if I need to send a quick text when I can't use my hands. Usually ends with me yelling at the phone and calling Siri trash. Of course that's Siri and not the touch button at fault but it all starts with holding the button.

By the way, why do you feel you have to say sorry? If you don't like the X then it's personal preference. Think of this though, is it just due to change like going from Windows XP to 7 to 10? I like 10 now that I am used to it so in the end it's all a matter of change and getting used to it.

Setup finger print to unlock. Sometimes it likes to unlock...SOMETIMES, other times it takes 3 tries then if still doesn't like it I have to type in my code.
Well with the Iphone X if it doesn't unlock with your face properly it locks you would for a whole solid minute. At least with your button if it can't read your fingerprint you can still unlock it using your pass-code.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back