Nintendo's miniature NES

Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Members
SO I got 2 NES CLassics and will have 2 SNES. More excited about the SNES due to the games being better. Now to find time to play.

Pretty sure the SNES will be easier to find eventually as Nintendo said they would produce them into next year as well as make more NES Classics. Of course we will wait and see since I can see them hardly sending out more units quickly. They did have a very large number for launch compared to the NES but they need to be getting double that on shelves in 2 weeks not 2 months.

Also no hyping up the "good old Retro Pi". Look I get it and how "awesome" it is but to have a nice collectors piece and legally own the games the NES and SNES Classics have is why I like having them in my collection. Also the "ease" of putting one together? Sure for a very tech savvy person but let's see your mom or dad try.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I think Nintendo will make a slow release, even with them promising to have plenty out there. They want to create a demand first to guarantee sales. But how knows, I think they will always be hard to get as the first ones, especially with Christmas on the way. Still waiting to see the promise of the first ones being released again.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I check the link to the stores almost everyday and still nothing, I thought Nintendo said the were upping production and you shouldn't have a problem finding one?

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Still nothing anywhere. I would like to find that quote where Nintendo said that they would make plenty of them to make it easy for everyone to get one.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Can you buy one from @C Pav???
No that guy hordes everything. I think he has one to play with, one in the box, another one in case his one in box gets damaged, and another in case the one protecting his box gets damaged as well.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I am starting to see knockoffs of these around on FB groups selling them. They look like them but are some sort of generic Asian version. Must be a Rasberry Pi or something inside. I am sure a bunch of people are falling/buying them since they get tons of post because people think they are the real thing.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Thanks to @C Pav this morning I was able to grab a SNES classic. I called my Sister in another town and she was able to grab me one before they sold out! She's gonna bring it down the next time she comes down.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I have been seeing the Original NES has been hitting Prime Now in the major cities a lot. Still nothing on Amazon.com yet though.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
So I unboxed my SNES Classic this morning. This thing is so cute! It's so small. They did a great job with the design. It was a nice surprise to see it comes with two controllers as well and even a HDMI cable. Good work Nintendo!

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Members

Before I start reading, does it only support SNES games?
Also check out:

Not sure on what is better since again have not done it myself. I think like the NES Classic you can get many systems to work with the correct emulators installed. THat second link is for and addition for better SNES games only and the more popular hakchi2 allows all sorts of stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
The save states are a great feature as well. I am still on a look out for a NES Classic, so let me know if anyone ever runs across them.