Meater - wireless meat thermometer

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just ran across this neat device. I have never heard about it. From the video I have watched it works well but you have to buy the Meater plus version. Amazon sells it. I might pick one up next summer.

https://meater.com/

It will come in handy for the two times per summer when you grill hotdogs.

It will come in handy for the two times per summer when you grill hotdogs.
200.gif

There are many devices around like this. That one looks neat for being fairly self contained. A lot of grills these days have this kind of stuff built in. I know the Green Mountain Grills for pellet had Wifi and multiple thermometers to track temps years ago. Recent Traegers have finally implemented it, as well as recent Weber gas grills, etc.

I have a Loki thermometer, which was one of the first WiFi options. Many Bluetooth existed at the time, but when this released as Kickstarter, I and a few colleagues jumped on the chance for one that didn't require being in Bluetooth range to check on temps. https://www.lokiproducts.com/

I don't even know if they still make the Loki, their shop site seems down and I wouldn't buy it today over other more popular options (first to market is rarely best, but...) These days lots of options out there for this kind of functionality.

I have the Meater, but not the Meater plus

It's a hit or mess. It connects when it wants and you also have to have the box/charging station near the Smoker or grill so it may be within Range

I have the Meater, but not the Meater plus

It's a hit or mess. It connects when it wants and you also have to have the box/charging station near the Smoker or grill so it may be within Range
That was basically what I read on the reviews on the first model. people complained it had bad connection problems. They said V.2, or the plus model fixed all the problems from the pervious version.

I have been eyeing the Thermoworks Signal recently more due to my experience with the Meater, but maybe I should try the Meater Plus

I would just hate to get upset if I were to have a repeat. Lol

I have been eyeing the Thermoworks Signal recently
That one is not wireless and just uses probes, doesn't it?

They have a Recent one that is a 4 probe which offers WiFi and Bluetooth and an Application

When Summer hits, I will be picking one of these up. I keep seeing everyone using them everywhere.

Well, I placed my order this morning for a Meater +. I Will post my review after a few cooks.

@jmanz @ndboarder have either of you ever down a tri-tip or something similar? I really want to try something new to cook instead of steaks all the time. Something that could be served at dinner, that is a large chunk of meat that tastes different than steak.

I haven't done a tri-tip but a friend of mine does them quite often and says they are really good.

I also have not done a tri-tip yet, but people seem to love them.   

What is the meat that those burnt tips come from? I had those once and they were amazing!

I was looking at briskets at the store the other dy. Sometimes they are expensive, but dam they had some good prices on them and the meat looked excellent.

Back