Nintendo DS

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Members
I have it and have no complaints about it. I kind of stopped buying games for it that got good reviews like Castelvanias and such. I have no complaints and like the games I have for. The new mario is fun as well as Tetris.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I have it and have no complaints about it. I kind of stopped buying games for it that got good reviews like Castelvanias and such. I have no complaints and like the games I have for. The new mario is fun as well as Tetris.
But i want lite version, yours is a  :abby:

WayneKerr

Mad scientist
Members
I am pretty sure I saw an adapter for a SD card at Walmart that would allow you to play dl'd DS games.  I think there are better ones though....

Wait, that would be a reason to get a DS...

Instead, you should investigate all the neat stuff you can do with the properly (up/down)graded PSP.  That might be a compelling reason not to get a DS...

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I was actually tempted to but on of those R4's. But the games for the ds are so cheap already.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Are there emulators for use on a DS?
Yes quite a few i believe. There are alot of "homebrew" apps. out there too. They even have some wardriving apps. for it, since it has built in wireless.

WayneKerr

Mad scientist
Members
Are there emulators for use on a DS?
Yes quite a few i believe. There are alot of "homebrew" apps. out there too. They even have some wardriving apps. for it, since it has built in wireless.
Huh...

Neat - Got any links to good sites where I could read about those?

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Thats alot of emulators! :shock:

Emulators
    * DualSwan (WonderSwan)

* VirtuaMUnstaz DS (Dreamcast VMU)

* DSBoy gnuboy port (Game Boy Color/Game Boy)

* Goomba Color* (Game Boy Color)

* TI85 Emulator (TI-85) (http://www.gasp.boxgamex.net/?p=12 Old page ceases to exist?)

* Wasabi* (Watara Supervision)

* snesDS Snezzi DS SNEmulDS (SNES)

* Goomba* (Game Boy)

* PicoDriveDS (Sega Mega Drive/Genesis)

* PCEAdvance* (PC Engine)

* ScummVM DS (ScummVM)

* MiniVMacDS (Macintosh Plus)

* SMSAdvance (Sega Master System)

* GBAGI (Sierra Entertainment)

* MSXAdvance* (MSX)

* NesterDS PocketNES* nesDS midori (NES)

* FrodoDS (Commodore 64)

* COLECODS (ColecoVision)

* DSpec SpeccyDS (ZX Spectrum)

* StellaDS (Atari 2600)

WayneKerr

Mad scientist
Members
what is the deal with decrypted DS files/roms

- although if your not getting one of those R4's (yet) are you into this stuff?

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Haven't see anything with encryption on them? Of course i haven't really checked into it either. To be honest i don't know if i will. They way i look at it is, i don't mind paying 20-30 for a game. I know in the long run that i would save money, but for those prices i don't mind. But when you pay 50+ for games for other systems i do mind.

WayneKerr

Mad scientist
Members
Haven't see anything with encryption on them? Of course i haven't really checked into it either. To be honest i don't know if i will. They way i look at it is, i don't mind paying 20-30 for a game. I know in the long run that i would save money, but for those prices i don't mind. But when you pay 50+ for games for other systems i do mind.
Thats cool, just wondering what that was about, thanks

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
Just played a DS this weekend and it was very enjoyable.  I basically played Mario Kart the whole time, brought back good memories.  The wife even wants one now.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Just played a DS this weekend and it was very enjoyable.  I basically played Mario Kart the whole time, brought back good memories.  The wife even wants one now.
Ya i have been playing mario kart also lately. It's fun, you and the wife should get one and play against each other. The make them in pink color too. I am sure you would like that color for yourself. ;-)

jmanz

I bought you the sims
Members
Meh, I would own her on the track, she'd get pissed and not want to play anymore.  Just like what would happen if we played Nodle  :-D