New Ipods + Itunes 7

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So what does everyone think of the new Ipod's and the new Itunes 7? I really like the new Itunes.

I haven't had a chance to check out iTunes7 yet I guess. Did they rework the DRM, since the DRM introduced in 6 has been cracked now?

The new shuffle looks pretty cool. The 80GB iPod sucks, just because it's bigger than mine and cheaper too i think. The new look of the nano reminds me of something... now what is it... Hopefully the new casings don't meet with all the scandal of the original nano. Looks like jmanz might have bought the wife's nano just a tad soon??

Ndboarder, looks like the new Itunes patched the DRM. But then 8 hours and 1 minute later the QTFairUse version 2.3 came out, which added (beta) iTunes 7 support. lol

I haven't had a chance to check out iTunes7 yet I guess. Did they rework the DRM' date=' since the DRM introduced in 6 has been cracked now?The new shuffle looks pretty cool. The 80GB iPod sucks, just because it's bigger than mine and cheaper too i think. The new look of the nano reminds me of something... now what is it... Hopefully the new casings don't meet with all the scandal of the original nano. Looks like jmanz might have bought the wife's nano just a tad soon??[/quote']yeah no kidding, redesign and lower prices for the same amount of storage. At least I didn't get mine yet ;-)

I downloaded iTunes 7 here at work, but really haven't had a chance to toy with it at all. From the link nodle has for new features I'm seeing some that are very nice.

1) The ability to copy from the iPod to a computer. Granted it will only transfer purchased songs, but at least it's a step in the right direction.

2) Burn CD-text. I hated burning with iTunes because my car deck can read the CD-text if it is present, and previously burning with iTunes meant I just got to see it say "No Title" Hopefully this new feature works as well as RealOne and burns the actual meta tag info and not just filenames.

3)Downloading album art for you is kinda nice

4) The new view modes, the screen shot in nodle's link for the "Cover Flow" view reminds me of the "Show Open Windows" feature in Vista

I downloaded iTunes 7 here at work' date=' but really haven't had a chance to toy with it at all. From the link nodle has for new features I'm seeing some that are very nice. 1) The ability to copy from the iPod to a computer. Granted it will only transfer purchased songs, but at least it's a step in the right direction.2) Burn CD-text. I hated burning with iTunes because my car deck can read the CD-text if it is present, and previously burning with iTunes meant I just got to see it say "No Title" Hopefully this new feature works as well as RealOne and burns the actual meta tag info and not just filenames.

3)Downloading album art for you is kinda nice

4) The new view modes, the screen shot in nodle's link for the "Cover Flow" view reminds me of the "Show Open Windows" feature in Vista[/quote']

I installed it at work here also, but i can't wait to get home and really play around with it.

anyone know if the scratching problem is still an issue with the new batch of ipods?

anyone know if the scratching problem is still an issue with the new batch of ipods?
Hopefully not, since i believe the new case is supposed to be metallic, and hopefully they did something about the screens. Obviously I'm feeling lazy since i don't go confirm this claim. I haven't seen or heard anything about it, but considering they've only been out a couple days...

From what I heard that is one reason why they switched to an aluminum shell like the old Ipod mini's. They are suppose to be more scratch resistant.

BTW if you update your Ipod to the new firmware, it has some nice features, like a brighter backlight that stays on when docked, a brightness feature, and also new letters when you scroll real fast through artist.

I see there is a new version that just got released today. Suppose to fix a bunch of bugs.

Back