Raspberry Pi 4

I was looking into upgrading my 3's to this, but dam I don't know if the prices increased due to the chip shortage or what, but they are over $100 now.

I was looking into upgrading my 3's to this, but dam I don't know if the prices increased due to the chip shortage or what, but they are over $100 now.
Where are you buying from? The Pi 4b that I've seen are $45 for just the board. The only $99+ options I've seen are kits with the Pi, plus a bunch of junk like heat sinks, cases, and other accessories. The only issue is that currently any orders are months from fullfilment if you want just the Pi. Presumably shortage related and people have bought those up and what's left are the kits that have all the unnecessary extras. I still don't own a Pi, but have looked occasionally for different reasons.

I have been looking on Amazon (due to me having some credit to spend there). I will agree with you @ndboarder the Canakits and other kits I don't need. I would rather pick my own care, and I already have micro SD card, and power is the same. They make them in 3 versions 2gig, 4gig, and 8gig. I would like to go with an 8gig even though I don't really need it but all the raw kits are over msrp on Amazon. I swear when they came out they use to be cheaper. Like I said all I use it for is AdGuard, or Pi-hole and you can use the Raspberry Pi Zero for those even. But the one drawback about the Raspberry Pi 3 is only a 10/100mb ethernet port on it where the Raspberry Pi 4 has a gigabit ethernet. Again it won't utilize the thruput, but it's nice to know I have the best of the best. You should really run AdGuard or Pi-hole on your network @ndboarder . It's amazing how much your IoT devices in your house call home or clog up your network. Both are easy to install but AdGuard is even easier and has some extra features such as DoH. I know if you installed one, you would be amazed at how much crap it block. I average anywhere from 35%-45% daily of DNS blocks per day.

Back