Apple products and their iOS

Yep, right on Apple's que...
Must release iPhone lower than 7 degrading updates - get owners frustrated so they upgrade to 7  *continues plot of iPhone 8 release and changes to be made to degrade iPhone 7 performance afterwards*

Well I guess I am retiring my Imac? Not really but this morning I built a shelf out in my garage, and took it out there. Also mounted a small bungee strap around the bottom as a fail safe to keep it from tipping forward. My wireless from my house reaches out there at full signal strength. This way I can have my Spotify out in the garage or in case I need to look something else. It fits nicely in the corner.

New IOS update out. Pretty large in size also.

I'll just say it, every IOS update features are:

- Makes phone slower

-Adds apps and features nobody uses are cares about

- Changes settings you had set so you have to figure out they changed and change back

I'll just say it, every IOS update features are:- Makes phone slower
-Adds apps and features nobody uses are cares about

- Changes settings you had set so you have to figure out they changed and change back
I somewhat agree, unless your using the latest phone or at least 1 series back. Then they care, but anything two generations behind I am like you and think they slow the down on purpose. But then again it could be the limitations of the hardware.

It most likely is hardware limitations - but it's also a conscious choice to make changes that do not play as well with older hardware.  While many do upgrade phones every other year, I think that is going to change as cell companies are lowering data plan prices and not subsidizing phones.  Fewer will pay $700+ every year or two to upgrade their phone and they will be hurting a larger and larger user base, or attempting to force those in that bracket that don't or can't afford to upgrade as often into either upgrading or looking at other phone choices.

Plus let's face it, kinda pointless to upgrade your phone anymore just due to the lack of features. This was the "plateau" that I was talking about. We are reaching the peak where it's not really worth the upgrade to the latest and greatest phone anymore. You can skip a generation now and still be ok. Like I said two generations back is fine.

New update out.

Lots of things already done elsewhere announced today.  Where's Apple's hype guy at?

Lots of things already done elsewhere announced today.  Where's Apple's hype guy at?
Really? I haven't seen anything out there today. What did they announce now? A new color? lol

I haven't really read up on it and didn't watch.  Some stuff I heard, didn't verify (with some of my commentary)

ios 11 (outdate all y'all devices)

new 10.2" ipad pro  (maybe with a sylus - something about some HoloLens type stuff powered by ipad?)

side by side app snapping (like Win 8 yo)

some Apple version of an Office lens app

Also a "HomePod"  their smart speaker with Siri  -  some claiming Sonos is dead, but seems more like a compete with Amazon's Alexa speakers 

Also a "HomePod"  their smart speaker with Siri  -  some claiming Sonos is dead, but seems more like a compete with Amazon's Alexa speakers 
You mean "CIA Listening device". People freely giving up their privacy in exchange for information. Dammit @Davidc, your starting to rub off on me. I recently just took off my tinfoil hat after all these years.

You mean "CIA Listening device". People freely giving up their privacy in exchange for information. Dammit @Davidc, your starting to rub off on me. I recently just took off my tinfoil hat after all these years.
Yeah, but it's Apple, so everyone will act like it's a new thing that never existed and no one will care about any such listening capabilities.  Plus all your friends can come over and sync their entire lifes history (I mean music playlist)

Update out last week. 10.3.3, Thanks a lot @jmanz > :( Your slacking buddy.

Back