Falling Down - classic cult movie

ryanator

Reaction score
Was just thinking of this movie the other day, it's available on Netflix. This is such a classic, I smile almost the whole way through it, I love how Michael Douglas portrays his character losing it and not letting anything in his way. It's a serious toned movie, yet with the comedic drama-turned reactions of everyday events in a big city. If you haven't seen it, it's a much watch.

Anyone who's watched it knows what I mean when I say these:

Convenience store scene.

Fast Food Restaurant scene.

Golf scene.

Construction work scene.

Homeless man scene.

Gang scene.

Great movie. I remember seeing it when it came out. We all have felt/feel this way about society.

Of all the movies they could remake, why not this one?

It would be interesting to see how they would do it. On IMDB's site, this is a popular question in the forums with a divided opinion.

What I think made it work so much is they weren't too dark in this film, yet had that serious tone with that comedic relief.

I could see some producers easily messing it up, but some may do a great job.

The couldn't re-make this movie this day and age because they would fear people acting out on it. Or that would be considered "terrorism". :rolleyes:

Interesting, I've never heard of it. Will check it out.

The couldn't re-make this movie this day and age because they would fear people acting out on it. Or that would be considered "terrorism". :rolleyes:
I dunno. It's not like "Pay it Forward" made selfish people nice.

Indeed good movie - sitting in traffic was one of my fav parts -

Back