New Audioslave cometh

ndboarder

Reaction score
From their site...

New Audioslave LP: 'Led Zeppelin Meets Earth, Wind & Fire'

As fans might expect, the still-untitled LP (Morello said the band's toying with the idea of naming it Revelations) is bursting at the seams with the kind of brutal riff rock that's become Audioslave's trademark. But at the same time, they've woven deep '70s funk and soul grooves with heavy guitars, "and it's a pretty potent combination," he said.

When the album drops (Morello dispelled reports that it will surface in June), expect the end result to be "really unique" and "as hard-rockin' an album as we've ever made," the guitarist said.

that is exciting news, I really like their stuff.

that is exciting news' date=' I really like their stuff.[/quote']Yeah, both of their other albums have been great... will be interesting to see what kind of material they have on the new one

So the new album titled "Revelations" is due out on September 5th. The first single off the album is available on iTunes for purchase, and can be listened to at Audioslave's site http://www.audioslave.com The song is titled "Original Fire" Hopefully it isn't the best of what is to be on the new album, but it isn't bad.

Sorry I can't stand them. Rage>them, and Chris should have just stuck with Soundgarden. No one can replace zack de la rocha.

sorry admin, rage blew....i didn't know the rage band could make good music until they teamed with Cornell.

slave > rage & garden, though I still like a lot of soundgarden's stuff, not so much on the music ratm played... maybe one good song... maybe... the band is better off now

:shock: You guys are joking right? Audioslave is a pile of musical puke mixed from 2 great things.

:shock: You guys are joking right? Audioslave is a pile of musical puke mixed from 2 great things.
No joke. I'll give you that Soundgarden had some great material. I'll reiterate that I never liked RATM.

yeah I liked soundgardens stuff, hated rage. They cleaned up the puke when they got rid of their lead singer and brought in Chris. :)

Soundgarden wasn't bad but, Audioslave pretty much rules. Rage against good music spews chunks.

It's a sad day on the Flux :smt011 :smt010

Sad indeed... in the fact that there are those that are not fans of Audioslave...

I really want to see them in concert again... I'd kinda like to see AFI live too

Sad indeed... in the fact that there are those that are not fans of Audioslave...I really want to see them in concert again... I'd kinda like to see AFI live too
Well now at least my hopes have risen if you like AFI. :smt041

YAAAAAAA!!! what a happy day! :-D

Audioslave frontman Chris Cornell has announced he will be leaving the group due to "irresolvable personality conflicts as well as musical differences". There has been no further word on whether the band will continue without him, and if so, who would take over vocal duties.Meanwhile, the remaining members of Audioslave will be taking part in the "knockout blow" reunion of the year, with their prior vocalist Zach de la Rocha, in the form of Rage Against the Machine at this year's Coachella festival. Guitarist Tom Morello has stated that the reunion is a one-shot deal.

Thats terrible.  Audioslave=cool, rage=garbage

I like Rage.  Guerilla Radio, Bulls on Parade, Renegades of Funk, Testify, and Wake Up are all good songs.  Can't say I like them enough to purchase a full album, but I like the listed songs.

Audioslave's first CD was their best.  Second one was O.K., but I felt not as good as they could of done.

Back