Going through jeans faster than normal

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So lately it seems like I have been wearing out jeans at a fast rate. I don't know if I am just doing more physical labor than before or what. I prefer Levis for my brand of jeans, but lately I seem to be wearing holes in the knees real fast. I don't know why either. I just picked up some more new ones so we will see how they go, but I am thinking about going with a thicker fabric. I know one of our local stores carries Carhartt brand of jeans, and they make different thicknesses to them. I think I will try a pair of those next. They even sell logger pants that have another whole section of material over the legs if you really didn't want your knees to wear out. Anyone else notice this lately, especially with Levis?

Yes, several pairs of Levis seem to have  worn fast, within a year of casual use.

Yes, several pairs of Levis seem to have  worn fast, within a year of casual use.
I wonder if their quality of jean material has gone down or something? Maybe it's just the style? Or maybe it's the laptop mentality of "make them cheaper so they will go through them faster so they will buy more"?

So, I am finally done with Levis. I have bought many more pairs since this, but they always wear out for me in the knee and the crotch area. Every time in the same spot over and over. I am going to try a pair of Carhartt's now. I might pick up a pair this weekend and will report on how long they last.

I received my Carhartt pants and have worn them twice now. I don't know how to feel about them. I know it will take some time to see how they wear, but my biggest complaint is they seem to be somewhat loose around the bottoms. More baggy than the Levis.

Back