What's new
Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

My changing of gaming habits as I get older

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Members
I am finally noticing my gaming habits and preferences change as I get older and have less time to play games. I now prefer games where I can more just pick up and play or are a bit faster paced. Here I have many amazing AAA games like Red Dead 2 and pretty much every other major release but load up a smaller game like The Gardens Between Us (AMAZING game by the way which is currently on XBox game pass). I just don't have the time or desire to get into long missions anymore or hard or lengthy dungeons like Zelda.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I now prefer games where I can more just pick up and play
This is why I bought a Switch and my WoW days are over.

I just don't have the time or desire to get into long missions anymore or hard or lengthy dungeons like Zelda.
I actually consider Zelda to be a 'pick up and play' style game myself. Or maybe it's the Switch that makes it out to be that way.

There is not much we can do my friend, this is the era of life that we enter now.

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Members
This is why I bought a Switch and my WoW days are over.

I actually consider Zelda to be a 'pick up and play' style game myself. Or maybe it's the Switch that makes it out to be that way.

There is not much we can do my friend, this is the era of life that we enter now.
Yeah Zelda can be but I kind of struggle to want to play thinking about the bigger dungeons. Puzzles are another thing I seem to have grown to dislike. Simple puzzles or ones that don' take to long I'm fine with but in Zelda the big one's can take quite a bit and are a little hard to figure out for me these days. I am fine with the small shrines as I see those as quick play and can get done quick but the main ones take a while. First you have to stop the beast, then do the puzzles in the dungeon then fight the boss.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Ya I am on my first big dungeon
The big Elephant looking one
I have to admit, some of the puzzles can be quite challenging.