Fate or choice?

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What do you believe? Do you think that no matter what you do that you are on a path that you cannot change? Or do you think that you can make changes to your outcome? Or maybe you thinking that you can change your fate is actually just part of your destiny? I was thinking about this on the way back from lunch. I sometimes try to through myself off and choose something different to change my destiny. But then again maybe that was just part of the path? Man I wonder what was in my lunch? :smt017

I read this but now did you just change my destiny because i stopped working for a couple of min that will have a trickle effect on the rest of my life till I die........or was that part of my path ;-) I think alot about how I change other peoples lives. Like for example when I drive to work and cause another person to wait 5 more seconds before pulling out.......then say down the road they get into a fatal car accident but if they had been there 5 seconds sooner they would have been fine. Or did I just save them from death by making them be 5 seconds late. Did i change their fate or just keep them on the path they were destined to take??

I guess I think about such things from time to time as well... well frequently, or at least equally strange ideas... scary where ones mind will wander. At any rate...

I'm not sure one could really determine (for sure) whether our lives are a pre-determined path, or if the outcome is the direct result of what one tries to do with their lives. If one believes in fate and that fate controls their life, then even if you stop and think about the outcome of a particular choice you will make the decision you were fated to make regardless. In fact it was your fate to wonder what outcome that choice would have on your destingy.

For example, what will happen if I leave 2 minutes early today, or if I stay those extra couple minutes? If my life is controlled by fate, then does it matter that I ask, because I'll leave at the time i was "supposed" to regardless.

Now on the other hand, one could say "I made the decision to go to college, get a degree, take this job, and I'm deciding to leave and where my life is now is all the result of the decisions I have made up to this point. Was doing all that free will? or Fate?

I'm not saying one way or the other, but it's an interesting topic for debate. Especially considering some of the comments already made and how one person's fate is dependent upon that of many others...

"The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."

"The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
Ok Terminator 2. lol

I was thinking about this also this morning. If there was a calm lake and I through a stone in it, which then caused a ripple, which scared a fish, which swam by a bird, which then scared the bird, then the bird fly in front of a car, which then made the car swerve, when then made a bus full of people go off the road, which caused them all to die. So because of my choice I changed the fate of a bus load of people? I guess you could call it a ripple effect.

I was thinking about this also this morning. If there was a calm lake and I through a stone in it' date=' which then caused a ripple, which scared a fish, which swam by a bird, which then scared the bird, then the bird fly in front of a car, which then made the car swerve, when then made a bus full of people go off the road, which caused them all to die. So because of my choice I changed the fate of a bus load of people? I guess you could call it a ripple effect.[/quote']:-D I guess killing a bus full of people is just a stones throw away!

I was thinking about this also this morning. If there was a calm lake and I through a stone in it' date=' which then caused a ripple, which scared a fish, which swam by a bird, which then scared the bird, then the bird fly in front of a car, which then made the car swerve, when then made a bus full of people go off the road, which caused them all to die. So because of my choice I changed the fate of a bus load of people? I guess you could call it a ripple effect.[/quote']:-D I guess killing a bus full of people is just a stones throw away!
lol nice one! :smt005

In the movies Final Destination 1-3 we see fate going out of its way. Someones death is usually preceded by seemingly innocent enough beginning circumstances.

Back