Article 13 has just been approved

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The EU is basically forcing websites like Youtube/Facebook to implement filters that scans any picture/video you upload to make sure it's not copied. This will effect everyone in the world, wether them being in the EU or not. Unless said websites like youtube, facebook, etc denies EU access to their services.
So basically if someone uploads a photo of a picture they grab off Google images, and you don't get permission from the originally taker, the website owner than then be sued. Have fun with almost every website in America banning EU uses. We already got stuck with this cookie garbage from them.

Website owners just need to start blocking EU traffic like you mentioned. Ridiculous.

Website owners just need to start blocking EU traffic like you mentioned. Ridiculous.
For small sites yes, but thinking about Youtube etc. I don't understand how one country can control the internet. No one county should own it all all. What makes the EU so special that they can control it like that? If they want to deal with though own traffic let them set up a great big firewall like China has. It shouldn't effect everyone else.

For small sites yes, but thinking about Youtube etc. I don't understand how one country can control the internet. No one county should own it all all. What makes the EU so special that they can control it like that? If they want to deal with though own traffic let them set up a great big firewall like China has. It shouldn't effect everyone else.
Someone big like that should shut them out. Would be hilarious. They might change their tune if something like Facebook would be blocked for them.

I'm still waiting to see what is going to become of this. The only website that will make it if they do is large corporate sites that can afford lawyers to fight in case someone claims a copyright infringement. Most personal sites and smaller websites will close that can't afford a team of lawyers.

I'm still waiting to see what is going to become of this. The only website that will make it if they do is large corporate sites that can afford lawyers to fight in case someone claims a copyright infringement. Most personal sites and smaller websites will close that can't afford a team of lawyers.
Has there been much of an issue with the cookie thing? I haven't heard of any smaller websites getting sued.

Has there been much of an issue with the cookie thing? I haven't heard of any smaller websites getting sued.
Not really, people just click through them.

Back