China confirms birth of gene-edited babies

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think this has happened already in multiple countries as 'tests' already. Going to be an interesting future.

The Chinese authorities are holding scientist He Jiankui wholly responsible for creating the world’s first gene-edited babies.He had announced their birth in November, after which the authorities announced an investigation into the matter.

A team of investigators told the official Xinhua news agency on Monday that a preliminary investigation had concluded that He had “organised a project team that included foreign staff, which intentionally avoided surveillance and used technology of uncertain safety and effectiveness to perform human embryo gene-editing activity with the purpose of reproduction, which is officially banned in the country”.

Between March 2017 and November 2018, He forged ethical review papers and recruited eight couples to participate in his experiment, resulting in two pregnancies.

One of the mothers gave birth to twins nicknamed “Lulu” and “Nana”, the investigators said. Another woman is still carrying a gene-edited fetus.

They also said that He, his staff and organisations related to his project would be punished according to laws and regulations.

The Guangdong government will keep the twins under medical observation.
China confirms birth of gene-edited babies, HIV resistant edited twins under observation. Scientist He Jiankui to be punished.

Man can't tamper with millions of years of nature and expect good results. Just look what happened in Jurassic Park. ;)

giphy.gif

I believe the Nazis were the first to experiment with this type of stuff. They wanted to create a 'Super Soldier'. Which technically you could. Resistant to chemicals attacks, high stamina, less sleep needed, physical superior etc. Think about how long ago that was. I guarantee almost every country since then has experimented with it in one way or another, it just goes against ethics so it's kept secret. There has been ton's of advancements since then in both medically and technology related fields. So who knows how many are already out there wandering the streets. We could dive off and split up this same subject off on a related note about the 'Chimera Experiments' which takes humans and animals and combines them to make a weapon.

I believe the Nazis were the first to experiment with this type of stuff. They wanted to create a 'Super Soldier'. Which technically you could. Resistant to chemicals attacks, high stamina, less sleep needed, physical superior etc..
Steroids and cocaine.

Back